Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Did you know it?    

Did you know it?

Denisa
Romania

I �M SORRY IF MY POST SEEMED AGGRESSIVE - IT WASN �T MEANT TO BE!
I WAS JUST "EXPRESSING MY OPINION" - WE SHOULD ALL BE MORE PATIENT, MORE OPEN TO THE OTHERS NEEDS AND FEELINGS, ALL THE MORE WE ARE ALL TEACHERS!

I LIKE TO THINK WE ARE A BIG FAMILY HERE, DON �T WE? SO LET �S ACT LIKE A FAMILY!

17 Aug 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Thank you Damielle for sharing this with us all!

I appreciate it, not only because I �m Argentinian, but also because being a teacher of english doesn �t and shouldn �t make us less interested in history.
And I would love to hear about historical events from other countries. At least that would be educative other than seeing sarcastic comments all the time or people asking for things which can easily be googled.
Please don �t think you shouldn �t post these kind of things anymore.  Just remember that there are some people who are looking for arguments and conflict all the time. And anything published on the forum is good enough to attack others and make provocative, irrelevant comments like that of the Falklands Islands.

17 Aug 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I have just returned from work and low and behold I notice that we are at it again. 

I am here to share and this is what this site is all about, whether we share worksheets or knowledge.  What is the harm in learning about something new, it will make us so much wiser.

I think if we keep this up we will scare people off because it seems that within the last week there has been nothing but conflict.

Let �s put a stop to this daily bickering and get back to business, the business of learning, sharing and respecting one another.

Thank you for hearing me out. 

18 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Will you stop posting these things in the forum?!? It �s not meant for that!!!!! And Damielle is doing it out of spite, NOT to share information.

Now that is aggression, miss_yanis. You can compare the above to what Tere said and see whether they match in tone and voice.

I cannot help the feeling that the �supporters � of the thread are being �supportive � out of spite and not because they have learned sth very valuable. (I �m not Qning the validity of the message in the post, only the motive for the soldiers crowding around Damielle.)

I also cannot help the feeling that some egos here are quite big and cannot take opposition. The fact that you see sarcasm everywhere proves it to me. There �s a saying here ... bah, i can �t remember the exact wording, but it says that you �ll get the greatest kick out of teasing those who are offended by it. And you �re provoking me with your silly behaviour to do what i do - tease.
What i teach my students is not to let someone else get to them. I once wrote an example of a boy saying to a girl: "Piggy, piggy! You �re as fat as a piggy!" to which she replied with: "I love you, too!" The boy never teased her again because she didn �t react the way he wanted/expected her. What �s more, everyone laughed at HIM and not her.

I wonder why NONE of you tried to beat me with my own weapons, which are NOT insults, but �teasers �. I never said a nasty word to any one of you, even when my imagination gushed that night and made me write the Trial Scene. Why didn �t ANY ONE of you with hurt egos continue the sequel, even in one sentence, and renew the trial (e.g.) and sentence me to a penitentiary where i would be taught manners. We would have CREATED something. AND got a great kick out of it together. Poor is a man who cannot laugh at himself.

What really gets to me is the lack of excitement and passion among you. There �s no liveliness. What you call �positive feelings �, i would call �lukewarm ... ahhhh i cannot even find a term for it. There �s the sweet lovey-dovey stuff going on incessantly with constant �i love you �s � and ... Ahhhhh, you will never understand it. You �ll never understand me. I bet that while you �re reading this, you �re already scheming what to reply to me, or you �re all embued with negativity and animosity to me, myself and I that you will miss the whole point. Like you missed it the other night.

And Denisa, don �t say we �re �teachers � and we should be like this or that. That �s just a label. A mask, if you wish. We �re all humans and it seems i �m the only one daring to show it. All of you wear masks in the forum and the cafe and are all polite to each other, but when it comes to PMing you can turn veeeeery nasty. Oh, the same happens when someone dares disturb your universe, too. It �s a false eden you �re talking about, Denisa. Oh, and i would appreciate it if you didn �t say "we all know who i �m talking about". There �s no need to use a euphemism (btw, for the second time, i don �t know whether to put an �a � or �an �) I have a name. It �s Ivona.

I �m so happy that i �m REAL. And i will not change it no matter what. Cool

And DON �T YOU DARE, Denisa, or anyone else, tell me that i �m arguing. I �m just being blunt and pouring out what �s on my mind. And on the mind of others who, as Tere said, are wisely being quiet. The worst kind. You can read about it here:
http://www.blupete.com/Literature/Essays/Best/ShawIdealism.htm

18 Aug 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I don �t know what �s all the argument about... I haven �t watched this youtube video yet.
But I  think it would be nice to send the videos and pictures at Teachers � Caf�, because there is a lot of space for pics and vids there...
As far as I understand, Victor created the Caf� for such posts and the forum is for teaching issues / problems... Since the Caf� works, there is no need to use forum for pics, vids, personal messages and happy birthdays...
There is no need to raise any regional, political, or religious topics at forum...
I believe there are people with various opinions, but we are all tolerant teachers, aren �t we?
Please calm down, friends...
Be happy :-D

18 Aug 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

Thanks for sharing Dami... It is a very interesting post! Hug
Ceci

18 Aug 2009     

chobby
Mexico

Dear Dami:

Thank you so much for sharing this piece of history with us.

Don �t let yourself down by other people �s comments.

Chobby

18 Aug 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

GReat info Damielle, I did not know about it!!

So nice as always...

18 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3