Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > H1N1    

H1N1

eng789
Israel

H1N1

In a pandemic situation great attention should be placed on avoiding the risk of H1N1 viral infection in schools, offices, public transportation and bathrooms: The places that are at very high risk.

H1N1 can be present not only on public toilet seats but it may also be found on surfaces within the stall, on the toilet paper (especially if it �s moist, which creates a nurturing environment for the health of the virus) and on the floor. In fact, H1N1 can be transmitted on virtually all bathroom surfaces.

The above explanation was taken from:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Stay-Safe-From-The-H1N1-Mexican-Swine-Flu-Public-Toilets-Can-Kill

My question is:
If you can get Swine Flu from toilet paper, doesn �t it mean that as teachers,  we can get if from the wss and tests our pupils pass to us?

I go back to school on September 1st and to be honest, I �m a bit worried.  I would like to know how teachers are handling it.

18 Aug 2009      

nejar
Peru

A H1N1 is a kind of flu which if treated accordingly can be successfully beaten. We should be careful when posting this kind of news, what we get is to spread the fear among people. Wash your hands at all times, go to the doctor in case you have some of the symptoms and you will get over it. Look at all the people that have recovered from it!!

18 Aug 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Better yet, boost your immune system and then you won �t get it. :)  Eat lots of high vit c food, drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep and eat mushrooms and garlic.These all build your immune system.  You may want to try kimchi. It �s good for that too.

18 Aug 2009     

teacher jessie
Argentina

The best thing to do is NOT TO PANIC. Wash your hands as many times as you can every day (more than 10 times doctors suggest). But try not to freak out because the media can have that effect and it doesn �t help. BE RESPONSIBLE if you have the symptoms, go to the doctor and isolate yourself, try not to have contact with people in risk groups (children and pregnant women are included).
What we did here in my town is wash hands before and after class (with alcohol if not soap and water).  

18 Aug 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

@eng789

My suggestion to you is not to touch your mouth, nose or eyes, specially when you are at work and use alcohol (I always have some in my bag) to clean your hands as soon as you finish handling the school papers. Try not to touch your things, in your bags, for example, before cleaning your hands.

Here you have some information from reliable sources. Being informed is one way of prevention:

And here is a summary made by Libertybelle:

I quite understand your fears, but don �t panic and take precautions

18 Aug 2009     

eng789
Israel

I think is going to be tough to avoid with classes of 35+  but I �ll use your advice and hopr for the best.

Thanks all,   Hug

18 Aug 2009