Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Movies.... Help please    

Movies.... Help please

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Movies.... Help please

Hi everyone,

Im am going to teach a three hour lesson to 5 kids who are of intermediate level. I have been asked to teach the theme of movies and movies genres. Does anyone have any decent materials or ideas for activties? i searched here and the material is good but just not quite what im looking for.... Unfortunately I dont have a computer or a TV in the classroom ....

Any ideas would be wonderful.....

Thanks

18 Aug 2009      

cauffeypot
Albania

Why don �t you have them write a movie script and act it out? Or they could act out a scene from a movie they like.

18 Aug 2009     

serene
Greece

http://www.usingenglish.com/files/pdf/movie-genres.pdf

18 Aug 2009     

chacksobaka
Russian Federation

I have uploaded a worksheet on the topic Television. Films. Maybe it can help you.
Chacksobaka.

18 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

I �ve seen lots of ppts and ws on movie genres here, so you might try using some as class posters, even printed ppts can be used for this...

I also love making charts with my sts - have genre lists ready and then they choose the best comedy ever, the best actors, the best epic, etc. You could also talk about jobs in the movie industry - which entails what, which they would like to do, have them hold pretend movie auditions (they choose a famous movie or even write their own script) and then choose the actors for it). Associations games are also great to do. My sts sometimes like to write an alternative ending for a movie they liked....
Anita

18 Aug 2009