Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > The meaning of...    

The meaning of...

Anna P
Brazil

The meaning of...

I need your help!
I made an OE about vegetables using this song:
...but I don �t want to upload it before making sure it is correct.
Is "I went right out of my gore" correct? I have never heard this expression.
Another question is " I �ve gone completely  ???????? over vegetables like these". I hear this part over and over but still could not come to a conclusion. 
Could you pleeease see if you can find out the �missing � word? And tell me what "going out of my gore" means?

18 Aug 2009      

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

I think the word in LOONEY, which is a synonym of crazy, see the definition of thefreedictionary.com

loon�y or loon�ey also lun�y  (ln) Informal
adj. loon�i�er also lun�i�erloon�i�est also lun�i�est
1. Extremely foolish or silly.
2. Crazy; insane.
n. pl. loon�ies also loon�eys or lun�ies
A foolish or crazy person.

I´m not sure about the other expression, sorry!!!!!!!

18 Aug 2009     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

hi anna!

maybe its out of my gourd! to feel bored that you dont know what to do.

where exactly is the missing word? i dont have much time to listen to the whole song.
please write the minutes. THx

18 Aug 2009     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Hey Anna!!!!

It �s me again!!!! Check this link...you �ll find the song with the transcript in english and the translation in spanish....the missing word is what i told you: looney, and the other phrase means exactly what nabila said, check it out!

18 Aug 2009     

Kris �el guiri�
Spain

LOVE THAT!!! The only definition that I can find that is a possible is in the Oxford Dictionary and is : gore - a triangular piece of material used in making a garment, sail or umberella. origin OLD ENGLISH, �triangular piece of land � So technically he could be breaking out of his �triangular piece of land � Hope that helps a bit and I can �t wait to see you lesson plan, I will be one of the first to download it! TTFN Chris

18 Aug 2009     

Kris �el guiri�
Spain

Just been on es.yappr and the spelling is gourd which makes it : gourd - 1. the large hard-skinned fleshy fruit of a climbing or trailing plant 2. a container of the hollowed skin of a gourd. ORIGIN OLD FRENCH. Makes more sense, as its plant / fruit related, can you eat the fruits, possible, keeps continuation flowing. TTFN Chris

18 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

He says he is going out of his gourd.
Which is another way of going out of your mind!
(gourd is a pumpkin too! and another word for head)

There �s an expression that goes
bored out of your gourd!

Hope this helps
L

I �ve gone completely loony over vegetables like these.
(gone crazy)

18 Aug 2009     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

I �ve been to the web-page again, and if you register, you can translate the videos yourself!!!!!!!!!! IT �S REALLY COOL!!!

18 Aug 2009     

DTEACHER
Mexico

Hi, I�m from mexico and i like this kind of material for my class I hope we can have a space on this site to share all the videos and songs. thanks

18 Aug 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Thanks a lot, everyone! Thanks to your help the OE is done. (Please don �t take it as an advertisement!) The site is great, Aldana! Thanks Nabila, Krisis, Libertybelle and Dteacher. I didn �t reply sooner because I had to go out to buy dog food. Would you believe that a family of opossums found its way inside the bag and ruined all the food? I can �t find them now. Probably went back to the forest near my house. Thanks again, Anna

18 Aug 2009