Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > picture stories     

picture stories

hafedhenglish
Tunisia

picture stories

Hello everybody !
I am teaching English for Tunisian young learners .
I really believe in the importance of using pictures that �s why I spend much time looking for pictures mainly those which make a story the learner can express it .Can anyone help me by sending some picture stories . Thanks .

18 Aug 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

18 Aug 2009     

Portugal

Aftbab is always there to provide great resources. I guess you will like this site, too.
Best regards.

18 Aug 2009     

mayamin
Tunisia

you can have a look at http://www.kids-pages.com/stories.htm . it �s very useful. you can just buy small stories for children in English . they are not expensive. you can therefore use them as thy are (just fold the page) or scan them and use them separately. there are also lots of stories scanned and shared on the internet. you can catch images from a story flash animation.use them in the  pre-watching phase then invite students to watch the story then you can do either a written or spoken follow up activity.

go to menu "fichier" then click on "faire une capture" .
n.b: the program i �m using is flash movie player 1.5
the pictures are cute and motivating. here are other examples:

don �t worry you can cut the sentences below the picture when you paste the image on Microsoft word using the option crop.

there are easier stories too like" the grasshopper and the ant":

the flash animations are on this site:http://www.veryabc.cn/flash/html/stories
i hope that this will help.
my best regards Mayamin

18 Aug 2009     

najetnada
Tunisia

HELLO DEAR TUNISIAN TEACHERS,
It �s very nice to see you here. I hope you have enjoyed the summer holidays.
Thanks alot aftab57, nikadixon and mayamin for the nice sites about picture stories.
Good night!

19 Aug 2009