Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > order for lessons    

order for lessons

chiara72
United Arab Emirates

order for lessons

I need to devise a series of lessons for a group of philipino and sri lankan nannies and housekeepers.  I �m wondering if there is a recognised order in which these should be delivered (eg, prepositions, past simple etc etc).  I realise that the first lesson needs to be greetings, introductions and obviously present tense comes first etc etc but after that is there any particular order in which these need to go..?  Perhaps this is a really obvious question, but I �m still pretty new to this and so far I �ve been told what lesson to deliver, this one is totally in my hands.

Help please!!

19 Aug 2009      

Kris �el guiri�
Spain

Hi,
I always try I think about what it is they need to be able to say, communicate and understand, in many ways it �s simular to business English.
Sit down with a Gin & Tonic, other drinks are available and jot down what it is, I �m not sure but I always try and keep it light hearted and fun and don �t get stuck in the rut that

19 Aug 2009     

Kris �el guiri�
Spain

(sorry contnection dropped)
I AM A TEACHER and you are going to learn GRAMMAR!!!!!
What do they want and need to learn, use songs, role play is great, even when you have given them a script, some people need a prop of some sort to hide behind.
Any Probs just drop me a line, only too happy to help if I can
Chris

19 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

A coursebook might help you - just pick any adult course of their level (elementary or whatever) to see the flow! It �s difficult to divide all the lessons with a clear line, because you �ll do many things when you feel they need them, but basically - once you �ve covered present, past and future, they should be able to communicate fine, because by that time, you usually cover all the necessary vocabulary groups!

19 Aug 2009     

chiara72
United Arab Emirates

Thanks, I guess it �s obvious, I just wondered if there was a secret I was missing out on.  Of course with these women it �s important to teach them things that will be useful in their work and to help them interact with their employers etc.. 

19 Aug 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

I would use nouns and verbs that they will come into contact with: wash, clean, cook etc then have them conjugate the verbs: Yesterday, I washed the clothes.  Now I am washing the clothes. (let them know now is _ing form). I will wash the clothes tomorrow. GL It sounds like a challenge.  Filipinas love to laugh so try to use humor. Even making deliberate mistakes is funny sometimes.

19 Aug 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

You may find these useful:

http://www.lessonplanet.com/search?grade=all&keywords=housekeeping&rating=3&search_type=related

http://www.everythingenglish.net/App_UI/InCommon/TemplateDetails.aspx?CategoryId=196&TemplateId=3208

19 Aug 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Chores and Household chores worksheets and flashcards from our members

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=chores&B1=Search#thetop

19 Aug 2009