Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Stop Copying!!!    

Stop Copying!!!

aabazi
Greece

Stop Copying!!!

Unfortunately,  Fofuda( Brazil)  used a lot of  material which I personally had elaborated fom my worksheet titled Classroom rules- eslprintables200098232101725044556.

I think this attitude is inacceptable between colleagues who are supposed to share work and collaborate and not misappropriate  others � work. 

This printable - 200982413116238816624 Title Must or mustn īt 24.8.2009  - should be removed!!!!!

Argy Abazi, Greece

25 Aug 2009      

abbashusain
India

All the interested members are welcome.Hug

25 Aug 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi call-andalongnumber
Perhaps you  don īt  know, but we can īt advertise our worksheets in the forum.

25 Aug 2009     

donapeter
Romania

@ Call- 009 ..........
and the aim of the advertisement is........ ???We are all teachers here, so.....I guess we don īt need lessons any more even you are an experienced teacher!!!

25 Aug 2009     

aabazi
Greece

This is no advertisement!

It is about personal limits a correct person should have!

Argy, Greece

25 Aug 2009     

flo84
France

Hello Argy,

Why don īt you just report this worksheet ? It has not been reported yet although that īs the first thing to do in that case. No need to inform people on the forum.

Flo

25 Aug 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Sorry aabazi, there was a misunderstanding here. Of course your post had a different aim. We were just telling another member not to take this opportunity to advertise her work. That īs all. Sorry for the mess!
Hugs
Stella

25 Aug 2009     

lasnoop59
France

I īve had the same problem and I don īt think it īs fair.

It takes time to find cliparts and beautiful images. Sometimes we have to modify them. And then people use them in their worksheets and upload them as their own.

And the worsheets aren īt deleted !! It īs totally unfair and I don īt agree with this.

If people can use our images and create their worksheet pretending they have worked hard, what īs the point ? !!! All they do is "copy" and "paste". That īs not work for me.

I don īt feel like sharing my worksheets anymore. I īm so dispappointed.

25 Aug 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi aabazh

Can I just say that some of the images you have used have been used by other members long before you.  Does that they mean they can now say that you copied from them? 

Also, in Foduda īs defence I would like to say that he/she has images on their WS that you don īt have.

Is it possible that you all found these images by your own means and it īs just pure coincidence that you all used them?  Given the amount of images available on the net I would think that this is more likely.  If someone was going to copy your WS it would look more like your WS than it currently does.  I think it īs just conincidence, but then that īs just my opinion and I may be wrong.

Cheers

Jayho

25 Aug 2009     

arlissa
United States

If it is only the images that were copied, and you did not personally create the images (i.e. draw them by hand, or create them on your computer)...then, I īm sorry but it is allowed to use those images because you do not OWN the images. You cannot stop people from using the same images that are available on the internet or some kind of clipart software. You can only report the worksheet if the content is copied or if you created the image and it was copied.

In response to lasnoop59...yes it takes time to find those cliparts that are appropriate for our worksheets, but that does not mean it is unfair for others to use those cliparts too.

25 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

One - if you feel someone stole from you - report it.
two - We are 212043 registered members here - all making Worksheets.  There are bound to be a few who find the same images and use them in their worksheets.!

I know for a fact that many use the same images - but the content and activities are what make the difference. Because that is where the worksheets become personal and creative.

L

25 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >