Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > The Appendix: Useful and in Fact Promising    

The Appendix: Useful and in Fact Promising

Spagman63
Hong Kong

The Appendix: Useful and in Fact Promising

Scientists have now found that the appendix DOES have a use and is NOT vestigial (left over from evolution). It helps to build the immune system and is a holding place for beneficial bacteria. Here is the link if you want to read about it: http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090824/sc_livescience/theappendixusefulandinfactpromising
What �s ironic is that creationists have known that the appendix ALWAYS had a function.  This could be a good discussion topic.

25 Aug 2009      

mariannina
Italy

How charming! I �ve saved the link to read the topic carefully. It seemed impossible that the appendix had no function!
Thank you and ciao

25 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Oh my, don �t get me started on that. My best friend reads David Icke and she told me about the stuff they put into the regular types of vaccine we get when we �re kids.... I �m just gald I don �t know too much about some things - I �d be more than paranoid by now....

25 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I �ve always known that the Appendix "DOES have a use" and that it had beneficial stuff for us. Now, i wouldn�t call all the extra exercises, extra information and explanations, bacteria, but maybe you natives know something i don�t know. I love it when there are even two of them and it says Appendix 1 and Appendix 2 (in my Raymond Murphy �s grammar book) Cool

25 Aug 2009     

mariamit
Greece

Ivona,
 You �re unbelievable.Thank God!

25 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Oh, Ivona, so many appendixes, only one body per personBig smile (sorry if the Latin plural of appendix is different)

25 Aug 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Ivona,
UGH!!!  That was cheesy.

25 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Well, i can �t �please� everybody. I �m off to please hubby and make him some supper. Ciyas!

25 Aug 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

Aaahhh, it �s so relaxing reading posts like this at the forum!!LOL 

25 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

My oh my! I had mine removed when I was younger! Am I doomed!?  Oh dear!Wink

25 Aug 2009