Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Exams for Teachers    

Exams for Teachers

Ratu
Argentina

Exams for Teachers

Hello!!

Have you ever taken an exam for teachers? like Cambridge TKT? I would like to take one but I �m not sure which is the best. Can you help me?

I need one that won �t require taking a course, I want to go and sit for the exam. (I �m a trainee teacher, but I wanted an international diploma or something ASAP).

Thanks in advance!!

Kisses!
Ale

25 Aug 2009      

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

hello-hello,

you may try to go to the official page of the Cambridge Exams Centre and read all the informartion there. As far as I know TKT is not a difficult one, your level of English should be Intermediate or higher and some teachers who take it usually prepare on their own. SOme say that TKT isn �t really enough and recommend taking CELTA or DELTA but they do require taking a course. In my humble opinion, any certificate that can really be helpful in your career and recognised internationally should have a MUST-have training course.

25 Aug 2009     

miss.cecilia
Argentina

HI!

I agree with Kate. But CELTA is a very expensive course (at least for us) and I think you need a TKT certificate to appy.

Edit:
Confused Sorry, you need proficiency level and it´s not so expensive. Some information here

25 Aug 2009     

Ratu
Argentina

I agree with Kate, too. I wasn �t saying that certificates should be given easily, the thing is, I �m studying in one of the best Teach Tran Colleges here and I �m not going to graduate soon, that �s why, in the meantime, I wanted to take a test. I don �thave the time (or the money) to do the others (CELTA or DELTA). That �s why I wanted to know about other tests.

Thanks  =o )

Ale

25 Aug 2009     

miss.cecilia
Argentina

You can also take KTK CLIL and KAL

25 Aug 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Hello again, CELTA/DELTA are expensive here too and, moreover, there are no training centres in Russia, so Russian teachers who need and can afford to get certificates like CELTA/DELTA usually travel to Europe. Anyway, good luck and I hope you will find the best way out!
Hugs.

25 Aug 2009     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

How interesting to hear about different exams!!! 
miss.cecilia
Argentina
you really think that U$1,500 is not expensive!?!?! It would be around 6,000 pesos!!!!! That �s a lot for my budget.... :(

25 Aug 2009     

miss.cecilia
Argentina

hahaha... Yes, that �s a lot for mine too.

But think about any other course... let �s say Advanced or Proficiency... You have to pay a lot money every month (up to 280 pesos for 8 hours) and these are anual courses (if you �re lucky)And then you have to pay another fee to take the exam.

This is an intensive course (just 4 weeks but 120 hours minimun), and I know it is expensive... But let �s do some calculations Geek 

25 Aug 2009