Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teaching children    

Teaching children

lenna
Ukraine

Teaching children

Hi, dear colleagues! I�m starting teaching children ( 6-10 years old) in a week and I�m looking for suitable and useful textbooks for them. Could you give me some advice, please?! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!
Elena

26 Aug 2009      

miss K.
Ukraine

Hi! Do you mean textbooks or readers? You can search this site for mini-books (useful for little kids who begin to read). Search bookmarks for suitable sites where you can download books for free. I think it �s azar.com and englishbanana.com - you can find grammar books here, I think. If your students can afford OXford or Longman that �s probably best. Try readingenglish.com. They have some free downloads there. 

26 Aug 2009     

Denisa
Romania

In case you are talking about manuals for little ones, I have been working with "Way ahead" from Macmillan and "Welcome" series from Express publishing. They come with teacher �s books and cd �s or cassettes and I think they are great...
I also heard that "Set sail" series is very good for teaching young learners..
Hope this will help you,
Denisa

26 Aug 2009     

isaserra
Portugal

I �ve been working with portuguese publishers, but I know that Longman has a great textbook for children called "English Adventure". The lower level is "starter A" and it goes till level 4. The textbook come with CD for the songs and listening exercises, CD ROM, DVD, teacher �s book and flashcards...I can tell you that they have excellent songs for certain topics...

Hugs from Portugal,
Isabel

26 Aug 2009     

lenna
Ukraine

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!Big smileHug

27 Aug 2009