Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Project of Educational Research    

Project of Educational Research

moni_k
Romania

Project of Educational Research

Hello dear teachers! I �m a bit in trouble and I � �ve thought you can give me a hand...

Have you ever made a Project of Educational Research? I have to make one for my Pedagogy classes and  it seems a little bit difficult to start.

I have an idea about the structure, it should have a title, the problem approach, the drawing-up of the problem (the central problem and the derivative problems), objectives of the investigation (general and specific), theory about the subject chosen, hypothesis, methods, and the investigation itself (for example, if my topic is evaluation I may apply two different types of evaluation on two grops of students).

I can choose any educational topic, such as: methods of teaching, strategies, evaluation, etc. I can only imagine this because I haven �t got much experience as a teacher...

Do you have any template on this or can you give me some ideas? Thanks! :)

26 Aug 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

No templates, sorry, but probably sb has links and will provide them for you soon. Since you can use two groups of sts, perhaps you could investigate how much vocabulary they learn in a fixed period of time if you cover the same topic with them, but in different ways - with one group you use a movie to teach them key vocabulary, and with the other group you use a book. It would have to be the same title (e. g. Inkheart, Timeline, an episode of Sherlock Holmes/Poirot etc.) with the same key vocabulary(e. g. for Sherlock - law and detective work) and final task (a writing task or vocabulary test). Sorry, perhaps this is too complicated, though it seems interesting to me, but I �m just writing what first came to my mind...
Anita

26 Aug 2009     

moni_k
Romania

It �s a great idea! Thanks a lot, Anita!! It �s not so difficult, because I only have to do it theoretically, no practice for the moment.

26 Aug 2009