Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > WHAT DO YOU DO FOLKS?    

WHAT DO YOU DO FOLKS?

Mariethe House
France

I guess I will close the subject!

I have been teaching since 1971!! Yes! I must win the prize!

I graduate din france, then taught for 3 years and then met my future husband and I decided to start training again but in England this time.. I qualified as a teacher of French in England and then taught French for one year in a comprehensive school . So I was 4 years in England .
I then decided the teaching situation in france was more interesting and we emigrated to France! I had to go back to French university as they wouldn �t recognize the exams I had passed in ENGland! So another 2 years and I became a qualified English teacher in France!!

And since then, i have been teaching in comprehensive schools (  11 to 15 year old kids)

I have always loved my job and still do but one has to know when to stop when one gets old LOL
and this is my last year of teaching! I shall be retiring in May 2010!

So you see many of you had just been born when I started teaching! However I still feel young in the mind and i am happy to be on this site with people of all ages!

Cheerio

29 Aug 2009     

Sara Almeida
Portugal

Hi

Iam an English and Portuguese teacher since 2002... Big smile

29 Aug 2009     

Sara Almeida
Portugal

Mariethe House ;)
I was born in 1980 Clap

29 Aug 2009     

Mariethe House
France

Sara!! My son was born a year before you! You could be my daughter! Yes i Know, i am very old!!Cry but i keep on Big smile!! Where do you teach?

29 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Ok little girls, little boys and venerable grannies, it �s my turn!
I have always been a teacher of English in Algeria.
For my experience, I am just somewhere between you little boys and girls and you grannies!

29 Aug 2009     

alexa09
Argentina

hi ! im a graduate teacher in Argentina. I �ve been teaching for 12years. I teach in primary schools and have my private ssts(children and teens)at home . I love being a teacher. Im also amazed to have found this site and meet teachers from all over the world! such a great experience! I must confess i have never been the kinda "sharing stuff" But...after entering and meeting and having read about you and your works...made me change my mind. Im sharing my best works (in my opinion according to the usefulness they have had)and will always do as Ive seen yours are great. Its just a question of time �cos I work frm 9 am to 9 pm (either at school or at home) so so far, ive shared ex ive being doing the last 10 years...but evry day i do my contribution cos i thinks it has to be like that, it �s "fair"and i really want to share them. the first day I got a "thanks reply for an ex Someone downloaded.....gee!...it felt so good ...and thinking my works could be now in any country of the world being useful to many people/children.....the feeling is kinda funny to explain but its great! long live to this site !     

29 Aug 2009     

carinita
Argentina

Hi, everybody. I �m doing my practice so I �m in the way to becoming a teacher. Last year I had the opportunity to teach english at an institute. I taught english to nine students. It may sound strange that I don �t have a degree and I have some experience as a teacher. These are things that usually happen in my country, Argentina.
At the moment, I �m not working (I don �t have a paid work). I �m just teaching as a requirement to passing a subject at university.
Ah...I give private lessons at home. My three students are between 8 and 14 years old. That �s my paid work!
Carpe diem, teachers!

29 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4