Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > HAVE YOU NOTICED ...?    

HAVE YOU NOTICED ...?

silvia.patti
Italy

HAVE YOU NOTICED ...?

Hi colleagues, it �s the second day that in the new contributions I noticed some ws with the same layout but uploaded by "different" persons (it � s really hard to call it TEACHER). I �m sure that it �s the same person, always from China. Today �s nicknames are sabrina, heidi-liu, xenia xiao, lifeandpassion, rubyzcc. Her ws are downloaded by 2-3 of us, but I think that we should pay attention not to give her points. Thanks for your attention. Have a nice day/evening.

29 Aug 2009      

miss K.
Ukraine

Yesterday one of the teachers noticed the same and wrote a post here. She also mentioned same user names.

29 Aug 2009     

mariannina
Italy

I didn �t notice it Unhappy ! Do you mind PM the links? Just out of curiosity!

I can �t find the worksheets with the same layout. Why does he/she do it in your opinion? Aren �t the points related to that particular work? Even if he/she gains one point here and two there she/he doesn �t gather 3 points in all! I don �t understand Confused. Ciao

29 Aug 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

In my opinion members try to upload wss with different profiles because if they become a premium member in all of them, they �ll get more than 30 free downloads a day,  they �ll get 60, 90 or more, depending on the number of "clones" they have here.

As Victor had stated, we are not allowed to have multiple accounts,  if you think someone is breaking this rule in order to cheat the system, PM Victor because he said he would remove the member �s profile in such cases.

I also noticed some members with 0 points and no work uploaded reporting ws without any reason -  maybe they have fun doing it. In fact I don �t know the purpose but it �s a waste of time for moderators who could be doing their work much better if they didn �t have to check the wss reported just for fun.

We have the right to report wss, and I think we should have a mechanism to report members as well. In the reporting page, for example, we found a member with hundreds of points and most of his wss were copies or uploaded more than once. We also noticed a member with an immoral avatar which doesn �t fit here since this isn �t a place for exhibitionists or provocative pictures.

I would also report some members who disrespect the site rules and other members, because this site is not only a place for uploading school materials. It �s also a place for teachers meeting and exchanging ideas on teaching and everyone here should act as a teacher - even the ones who may be anything in this world but teachers.

This is a wonderful teachers � community and anyone who doesn �t understand what this profession is about should find anywhere else to play tricks, to be as rude as he wants to or to cheat as he does in his personal life.

Sorry, I got carried away, but I had to express my dissatisfaction with those few members acting like children and trying to turn the site into a mess.

Have a nice Sunday.

30 Aug 2009