Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Genki English    

Genki English

lexxa
Russian Federation

Genki English

Hello, dear Teachers!

I just wonder if anyone knows about this technique? I watch the video (youtube) and I really like it, especially for little kids. However, the full set price is considerably high that is why I want to know if you have any experience with this method?

2 Sep 2009      

Yanki
Turkey

I bought the downloadable teacher �s set last September. The set then included 8 cd �s, printable worksheets, software(including songs and games) and a password which I use to download nearly everything for free. Since then Richard  (the genius behind Genki) has made 2 more Cd �s ( and tons of other stuff:story books, worksheets...) and guess what. I �ve got them all for free! Not just me of course, all members who pay the initial price...It really is unbelievable. That �s how the system works. Genki is also a community just like esl. I hesitated a long time before I actually decided to buy it but it �s worth every penny, in fact, I believe it �s worth much more. I know a lot of members are against advertising!!! on this site but Genki has made my life as a teacher so much easier and much more colourful that I highly recommend it whenever I get the chance! At first I thought it was just another bunch of songs...there are plenty around. But the difference is Genki really works. Sometimes I feel very tired or depressed before a lesson. But I just start with a genki song and come dancing out of the lesson...because the kids love it. They love the characters, the games, the songs...the teachers love the curriculum. You can play around with the order, and make it to suit your own needs and everything just fits in so solidly.  If you already are a member, sorry for taking up so much space. If you are not, please have a look.

2 Sep 2009     

mekart
Morocco

WELL ! as you �ve just said. I don �t like advertising in this WEBsite. Evil Smile

2 Sep 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear Ladybird,
I absolutely agree with you about what kind of advertising is allowed and not allowed in the site.

A lot of user are posting addresses of other sites everyday because they find they may be useful to us as teachers.

But, I don �t completely agree with your "Many users in this site don �t like other users advertising their OWN worksheets." Because it is not a question of many users like or don �t like. It is a rule, a written one, which we ALL have to respect. :-)

2 Sep 2009     

Zora
Canada

I don �t really see this as advertising. I see it as a simple answer and one �s personal opinion to the question that was posed originally. Obviously Yanki is very, very satisfied with the site Thumbs Up and just extolling it �s "virtues", how it works and the results that she (he) has experienced. In fact, it almost makes me want to run out and get the series for my little ones!  

2 Sep 2009     

Jayho
Australia

It looks like a good resource and well worth investigating

2 Sep 2009