Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Project: On the phone!     

Project: On the phone!

monicap_87
El Salvador

Project: On the phone!

Hi dear teachers!!!

I �m about to introduce a new unit with my advanced class. The main goal of the unit is related to managing phone calls properly. I was thinking of having my students practice using real phone conversations. I need a group of students, who speak English of course -at an intermediate level at least. They can get to practice with other students around the world!!! We can even give them some questions, and monitor their work. The activity will be carried out during the class schedule. If you happen to be interested please PM for further details.

3 Sep 2009      

JudyHalevi
Israel

What about setting up some kind of Skype calls for students who want to practice their English?  Students of all ages.

As I am not so computer savvy, I am not sure how that would work, but I am sure someone knows.

Hugfrom Israel.

Judy

3 Sep 2009     

ranclaude
Australia

Hi monicap,
There is a site called www.speaking24.com which might be useful. It �s an online conversation site with lessons where students connect with other students from around the world and talk with each other to develop their listening and speaking skills.
I personally have never used it, but have some colleagues who have tried it with their students have received positive feedback.
Hope you find it useful too.
Hugs from Australia Hug
ranclaude

3 Sep 2009     

monicap_87
El Salvador

Thanks a lot!!! Clap

3 Sep 2009