Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Creative ways to teach and practice grammar    

Creative ways to teach and practice grammar

nejar
Peru

Creative ways to teach and practice grammar

My dear friends!!

I need your help!!!  I am doing some research on this topic  and I would like to share your experience. Rather than the traditional way to present grammar in frames and gap filling exercises with the new structure, we can use more motivating and friendlier ways like setting a context before doing it.  I would like to know of some ways you used to introduce grammar to your students and remain memorable for them. I am covering different ages and different levels.  I would REALLY  love to know and I think it would be tremendously useful for everybody as well.
I remember once I had to introduce too --- to  and not enough  --- to . I brought some clothes ,very small and very large. When I tried them on it was easy for students to understand the use of these words. Can you help me with some other ideas? What other resources you used? cards, music, videos and how?

thanks!

5 Sep 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

"Rather than the traditional way to present grammar in frames and gap filling exercises with the new structure, we can use more motivating and friendlier ways like setting a context before doing it."
EXACTLY!!! Thumbs Up

You might want to get one of these books:

You can check their site. I have some of Mario Rinvolucri �s books and they �re so in keeping with my attitude towards language learning ...
http://www.helblinglanguages.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=152&Itemid=128

I will send you some more links in a PM.

5 Sep 2009     

Mariethe House
France

A modest contribution for grammar in context: Be , Have, Like and synonyms, + verb + ing etc...

.  http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=280733#thetop

Then if you want to practice more thoroughly, you can give them a few formal notes and more formal practice : fill in gaps.... associate with pictures etc.; Lots of good material here .Just search in the contents window.

Hope you find what you need; PM me if you like! 

5 Sep 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I use lots of games and speaking cards. With children I don �t usually use grammar drills because I think that they learn easier in context. For instance a verb boardgame. You can use it for all verb tenses. A question game and so one. I think that any subject can be transformed in a game.

5 Sep 2009     

nejar
Peru

Thank you Girls! Your ideas are Fantastic!!! It would be great if we keep moving that inspiration that lies beneath!!
Hugs!

5 Sep 2009