Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Strange...    

Strange...

freedom4life
Canada

Strange...

How do you upload a ws without all the illustrations, boxes etc. changing location and being displaced/scattered or grouped into a mob. Usually, that doesn �t happen, but it did when I tried tp upload a ws, today. The ws is fine, until I upload it and viola! It looks like a storm blew through it. I made sure the font was in �Roman Times � and the borders were not set for �narrow �Am I missing something here? Any help would be great. Wink

7 Sep 2009      

ranclaude
Australia

Hi freedom4life,
I had the same problem yesterday where my worksheet looked perfectly fine until I uploaded it! I tried several times to upload and re-upload until l I got fed up with it and left it. In the evening, i gave it another try and it worked. So don �t worry, it �s not just you! perhaps if you leave it for a while and get back to it later on, it may work.
Good luck with it!
Hugs from Australia Hug
ranclaude

7 Sep 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Hi

To assure the contents won �t move, group them. First click on an image, press Ctrl and keeping it pressed click on all the images in the document.

At the top of word you �ll find "image tools", click on group. All the images will be a single content. Then click on this big image and repeat the process, clicking now on WordArt and text boxes. When everything is "clicked", go to the top again and choose "group".

It �s done and nothing will move again. To change anything after doing this, all you have to do is click on the ws contents and click "ungroup".

My word is in Portuguese but I hope it helps.

7 Sep 2009     

ranclaude
Australia

Thanks for the very useful tip Zailda, it will definitely make life much easier!
Cheers,
ranclaudeHug 

7 Sep 2009     

douglas
United States

If you use a font that is not supported by the other computer it will sometimes cause graphics to move too.  There are about five or so fonts that "all" computers support.  I don �t remember what they are, but I do remember that "Times New Roman" and "Comic Sans" are on the list.  I always try to use these two fonts for worksheets I upload here so that they are compatible with other members computers.

7 Sep 2009     

freedom4life
Canada

Thanks for your quick replies everyone! A great help!Thumbs Up

7 Sep 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Hi,

I �d add Verdana, Trebuchet and Arial to the fonts supported for all computers. If you want to use other fonts, try to embbed them in the document (you have this option in the "save" tools. The document will be a little heavier if you choose to embbed only the fonts in the document.

Hope it helps

7 Sep 2009     

Laura-Jane
Japan

Hiya,
Great tips, I`m having the same problem as freedom for life, I`m sure that I just need to `group the things together` but it wont let me, i have found the right button but i cant find a way of clicking on it (if you know what I mean!).
Any ideas everyone?
Thanks Laura

8 Sep 2009