Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > english picture dictionary    

english picture dictionary

sanchan
Spain

english picture dictionary

hi people!

Do you guys know if there�s any english picture dictionary apart from the "Oxford Picture Dictionary"? I would like to buy one but I just can�t find any anywhere! i only find this Oxford one, or dictionaries for kids and I would like a more advanced one or a thicker one with more words.
All i find to learn vocabulary are books with exercises, but what i want is a picture dictionary, with no exercises, do let me know if you happen to know of any good one. (a monolingual one)

thanks a lot!Smile

18 Sep 2008      

escarborough
United States

Heinle has one that is more advanced.  It is often too many words for my lower level students but, if you want an advanced one that covers a lot, that would be it.

18 Sep 2008     

sanchan
Spain

yay!
thanks a lot :)
Smile

18 Sep 2008     

frenchfrog
France

What about this one?
I think it is very specific (I have the French-English version). I hope it is not the one you were referring to, though, since it is also from OUP!!!
Frenchfrog

18 Sep 2008