Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Know any cool movies for me?..    

Know any cool movies for me?..

Lana.
Ireland

Know any cool movies for me?..

Hi there folks,

just a little favour I need from you,
at my school we show films regularly, but they all seem culturally narrow so to say; we have quite a few Mauritean students, I would like to show films they they could relate to.

I suppose a Bollywood film would do, wouldn �t it? Do you know any good Bollywood comedies that would be easily available from my local rentals?

Also, I would like to show films where there would be a good mix of nationalities and races, doing cool things (saving the world and all, you know...) in equal measures. Do you know any in which there wouldn �t be a typical white hero but someone else in his stead? I hope you get me.

Many many thanks,

Lana 

15 Sep 2009      

Ahlam
Bahrain

Salam,

I would recommend "Mind your Language", the well-known British comedy Series. There is an episode that i love so much on which i planned a whole lesson, it �s episode 5 "the best thing in life":

I just love it

Ahlam

15 Sep 2009     

tm053751
United Kingdom

Cool Runnings is an amazing film and might be suitable for what you want

15 Sep 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

good episode Ahlam...thanks for sharing!!!!!

16 Sep 2009