Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > DO YOU STUDENTS LOVE PLAYING GAMES WHEN WARMING-UP???    

DO YOU STUDENTS LOVE PLAYING GAMES WHEN WARMING-UP???

dyndel
El Salvador

DO YOU STUDENTS LOVE PLAYING GAMES WHEN WARMING-UP???

HELLO
I JUST WANT TO SHARE A NEW EXPERIENCE WITH YOU, IT ABOUT MY STUDENTS WHO ARE ALMOST NEAR TO FINICH THE SCHOOL YEAR 2009 SO AT THIS TIME THEY ARE KIND OF TIRED SO I DECIDED TO PUT INTO PRACTICE SOME NEW GAMES IN WHICH I CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE TO INTRODUCE A NEW TOPIC....FOR EXAMPLE AS I HAVE TO TEACH ABOUT INTERNATIONAL TOURISM...I BEGAN THE CLASS ASKING FOR  TWO VOLUNTEERS A BOY AND A GIRL, AND THEY WENT TO THE FRONT SO I DIVIDES THE BOARD INTO TWO BY DRAWING A LINE AT THE MIDDLE.
AFTER THAT, I ASK MY TWO SS TO GO TO BOARD AND RUN WHEN THEY LISTEN TO A SINGLE WORD...I SAID FOR EXAMPLE: JAPAN....AND THEY RAN TO WRITE IT ON THE BOARD...I CONTINUED THIS WAY TILL HAVE SO MANY WORDS ABOUT LANGUAGES, FOOD, COUNTRIES, ETC
THEN I ASKED FOR ANOTHER PAIR OF VOLUNTEERS..AND I TOLD THEM THAT THEY HAD TO ERASE THE WORD THEY LISTENED TO...SO IT WAS FUNNY AND WE LAUGHED A LOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Sep 2009      

dyndel
El Salvador

HELLO
PLEASE  PLEASE 
EXCUSEME PLEASE
I AM SO SORRY CAUSE I WROTE
DO YOU SS .......
AND OBVIOUSLY IT IS
DO YOUR STUDENTS LOVE PLAYING GAMES WHEN WARMING-UP???????
I DIDNT WRITE THE "R" OF "YOUR"

18 Sep 2009     

samsunmustafa
Turkey

It �s excellent! Thank you for this great idea.I �ll use this game to revise vocabulary.

18 Sep 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I love games and my students too, even my adult students love this kind of games

Sharing experiences and ideas is nice, thanks!

18 Sep 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

Thanks a lot for this nice game.
I will use it next year.

I hope if u have more games and  ideas to share with us.

Best wishes,
Noor

19 Sep 2009     

Motivator Tech
Egypt

Great work Dyndel!

I have done a similar game with many classes ...which is called "Dash to the board!". I use this game as a warming up for vocabulary or target grammar. In my case; divide your students into groups. Each group sits in column. Everyone gets his order number and should be ready to dash to the board once teacher calls his number. Let say you have 3 groups...each group includes 5 students.. Teacher asks target question ( question that students already knew the answer)...then teacher calls a random number (ex; number 4), so only number 4 from each group dash to the board and hurry to write his/her group answer... once he/she finishes.. he/she clap hands... the first one writes his/her answer and claps hands can get 3 points, 2 point for the second and a point for the third. Be sure that their answers are correct before giving points. Enjoy all!

19 Sep 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

http://iteslj.org/c/games.html

19 Sep 2009