Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Postcard Exchange    

Postcard Exchange

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Postcard Exchange

Thank you for your interest in my Postcard  Exchange Project.

I �ve got 6 positive answers.That �s great!

If you can �t travel around the world, learn about different countries from the people who live there.

My idea is to organize classrooms postcard exchange  from many different countries. 

Join us on a voyage of friendship and discovery  and share this
excitement of getting mail and learning a little about the different countries and cultures.

I have never participated in a post card exchange.

I teach English to elementary pupils( 3rd,4th.5th and 6th grade).
 I want to use the exchange in two ways:

1.) to get my students to read more preparing the research about the cities where the postcards come from.

2.) to use post cards to "generate" ideas for writing. 

We would like to begin the exchange at
the beginning of October with my 6th graders( 11 years old).

If you are interested and willing to make the commitment,
please provide the following information:

-Name
-School and grade
-School �s full address

I �m looking forward to your answer!

cheers,

19 Sep 2009      

serennablack
Portugal

Hello there.

Well, when I read your post I remembered a site where I am a member and which deals with exchanging postcards. It works like Bookcrossing. Its main objective is to exchange postcards with random people all over the world. It �s really easy. You have to register, ask for one address, send a postcard and wait so that it gets registered on the site, then you will receive one postcard from another person. In fact, It �s a great idea if you want your students to get involved in a long-term project. I know you are looking for students from another countries, but you might consider trying this. The main language is English and you can meet all sorts of people from different areas of the globe. Well, it �s just an idea. I will leave here the name of the site, so that you can check it out, if u want.

http://www.postcrossing.com

19 Sep 2009     

eng789
Israel

Thanks serennablack,  both those sites are interesting.

19 Sep 2009     

serennablack
Portugal

Well, if you want any more information about the site PM me. I will gladly give to you. Have a nice weekend.

19 Sep 2009