Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > copy?    

copy?

celia86
Argentina

copy?

Hi there!
I �ve seen the following text in another site, the thing is that I don �t remember the link. It �s exactly the same text but with different activities (questions instead of multiple choice. Can we do that? I just want to know, because I might be wrong
thanks

celiaStar

20 Sep 2009      

Samantha.esl
Italy

I don �t know how the reporting system works really yet!.. But I understood some time ago that you can �t copy layouts either. I �ve reported some worksheets today while I was searching for some grammar act. And I found some worksheets with different grammar but the layout copied....

As for the story you mention here, I agree with you, I´ve seen it too! but can´t remember where!

20 Sep 2009     

baiba
Latvia

You are right, Celia. It is an exact copy from the net.

20 Sep 2009     

leonidas75
Spain

I think you �re talking about this text: http://web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/elc/StudyZone/410/reading/fitter.htm

20 Sep 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Exactly!

20 Sep 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Since we are not English writers, we have to use texts taken from somewhere. I also used this text in a ws several weeks ago. The difference is that when using a text you are to provide the references (giving credit to the author) and ADD OUR OWN WORK (the most important of all). It doesn �t mean pictures, because adding a frame or clipart doesn �t make it yours.

When using lyrics or texts, you have to create activities to go with it, making your ws unique, not to be found anywhere else. That is what makes the difference. Just using other person �s work turns the document into a mere copy & paste practice, and it �s not allowed here.

If you see a text that looks familiar, first examine carefully to see if the person added his own work and tasks. If he didn �t, report it as a copy (providing the link or the book �s page) and it �ll be voted for removal. Help us keep the site clean.

Cheers

20 Sep 2009