Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What do i tell my students ... ? What?    

What do i tell my students ... ? What?

silvanija
Lithuania

People can �t find what they want on the forum  because of the titles that say nothing. I think we should learn to give specific names to our post and it will be easier to find things then. Birthday greetings have nothing to do with that.   

Silvana Hug                 

21 Sep 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I find it really sad about  the squabbles that have been occurring on the site.

I have used a lot of esl sites and I have never found one as good as this one and I am sure most of you will agree with me. 

The spirt and helpfulness of the members is unique.  So why do we have to argue whether a cat or dog or whatever is put in the caf�.  If it pleases people let it be.  The whole issue really was not about cats or dogs, but about the size and I think with time this was forgotten and personal attacks were made to certain members. 
The caf� is meant to share birthdays, cats and dogs or whatever. 

Eng789 says it all, � �there are more important things in the world � �.

I have made a lot of friends on this site and it has been through the caf�.  Call it a gang if you like, but the people in the caf� are loveable people who like to share culture, customs and yes, cats and dogs.  Things just got out of hand.  Is it worth the squabble?  My opinion is no.   Nothing gets accomplished except hurt feelings.  That is not what we are here for.  Remember why we are here.

We will miss your input Ivona and Caroline, but it is your choice and personally I think you are both making a mistake.

22 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Well, I think the problem is simple - we are all people from different countries, our standards are different. My mother tongue is "quite rude" compared to English, but I am not used to sarcastic quotes or "so called funny" exclamations...
I believe some people use strong language and exaggerate just because it �s their way of speaking.
But still - I think most of the people here mean no harm. I disagree with several members, sometimes I feel offended, somebody made me cry...
BUT ALL THE BAD THINGS CAN BE FORGOTTEN, BECAUSE ESP IS THE BEST SITE !!!

I suppose we all LOVE English and our kids, family, students... so let �s love and respect each other as well !

Let �s stick together :-D
Teachers rulez :-)
Toleranz rulez ;-DD

22 Sep 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi I and C

It�s such a shame that you have both made this decision and I�ll surely miss you both.  But only you know what is best for you .  If this site doesn�t do it for you anymore then that�s ok.  We are all responsible for steering our lives in the direction that we want and we know what is good for us and what is not.  We know what we want and expect out of something and what we will and won �t accept. This will be different for everyone because as the expression states, �one size does not fit all�.  We all make our decisions accordingly.

So take care and keep nurturing those wonderful bursts of inspiration and creativity.

Cheers

Jayho

22 Sep 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4