Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Ideas about seasons wall display    

Ideas about seasons wall display

Kita19
Portugal

Ideas about seasons wall display

Hello fellow teachers!

I �m trying to find something nice about seasons (now, more specifically about "Autumn" because it �s the season we are in) to work with my students. I was thinking about some kind of wall display (my students love them!). They have between 6 and 10 years old.

I have made one seasons wall display last year (you can find it here in my blog http://teacherslove.blogs.sapo.pt/26207.html), but I wanted to do something different this year, because some students I have are the same of last year and it would be boring to repeat it... Confused

Have you got some ideas? What do you usually do in classes with this topic?

I would appreciate any ideas / websites on the topic!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hugs,
Kita

24 Sep 2009      

readingaol
Portugal

This Year my students made a scare crow. I printed the templates, they colored them and cut them. Then I used attaches ( I don �t know how to spell it). I �ve used sone wool to hang them around the classroom.
You can also pick up some leaves, put one under a sheet of paper and with a crayon you can colour and the shape of the leaf will appear. Easy and funny!
I can e mail you some scarecrow templates.Send me your e mail.

24 Sep 2009     

Lucia13
Armenia

With each season first of all I pick up the symbols of that particular season and use printables to colour and hang on the board.Then I pick up some easy-to-remember poems about that season and also decorate it olourfully and hang on the board.Then we have a writing together.I pick up from my students ideas what we usually do in that season,what we eat,drink,wear,where we go,etc. and here we have a writing and a text about that season.During oral recitations I regularly point to the board and have the students show some items,give their names and talk about that season.I also prepare rhyming words exercise to practice the vocabulary of that season a sample of which I have among my contributions and later as a writig in their tests or exams I give that special theme which they have practised so much.If you need some more materials, like the poems or printables I can publish here or send you by mail.

24 Sep 2009