Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Torn    

Torn

carinita
Argentina

Torn

University year is about to finish (fourth and last year at university) and I feel I �ve lost the initial interest and vocation I had when I started the career I �ve undergone so many problems with my teacher, a head teacher, my future collegues that I don �t know where I �m standing. I �ve had nice experiences with students but I can �t get to get on well with "surrounding" people. I don �t think I would be able to fullfill the Practice Recquirements because of some delays I have had, which are beyond my responsiblility For all this, I won �t get the degree I need so much to get a job (I �m 39) I feel so disappointed and frustrated!Ying Yang

25 Sep 2009      

silpont
Argentina

Dear Carinita,

Cheer up! I know what you mean by " dont know where u r standing up" and believe me: everyone has  gone throught this sort of experience at least once. It �s very uncomfortable, but think u only have so little time left to finish ur career. Dont give up now!!!!!! Come on!!. 

May be u are feeling stressed and tired, and this is the reason why you  are  having this uncomfortable time.

Try to do sthg u like, relax, now it �s spring time so as it is gonna be warmer  you can go somewhere and chill out  for a while, read something, I mean, just calm down a little bit.

You can also try to find a job, or teach at home, perhaps that makes it easier. :)

Hope you overcome this hard time. Im sure u � ll make it!

Warm hugs!!!!!

Silvi. Hug

25 Sep 2009     

serene
Greece

Hello Carinita,

I can feel the despair lying behind the single word "torn" you �ve given as a title to your post. I know exactly how it feels. I �ve been there myself. At the beginning of my career I worked in a couple of schools, where the head teachers and some of my colleagues were so indifferent, unhelpful and selfish (they would try to take advantage of the fact that I was very young and a new teacher) that I still remember how I could hardly wait to get back home from school and cry. But I didn �t give up because I liked teaching and I felt it was the only job I could do. So in time I became more confident and managed to stand up to them.

Dear Carinita, I �m sure you �ll find the strength to go on. Remember, things don �t stay the same forever. Don �t give up unless of course you have found something else which you feel suits you better. Try to ignore the "surrounding" people and concentrate on your students. You say you �ve had nice experiences with them. It could also help to talk to a friend, go out, spend time on something that pleases you. Be patient, things will get better. After the rain the sun will come!

All the best
serene

25 Sep 2009     

carinita
Argentina

Thanks, nice people!!! Lots of Heart 

25 Sep 2009