Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > PORTUGUESE TEACHERS HELP ME PLEASE!    

PORTUGUESE TEACHERS HELP ME PLEASE!

catiahenriques
Portugal

PORTUGUESE TEACHERS HELP ME PLEASE!

Hi.

I �ve been asked to teach the m�dulo "Ingl�s- Atendimento ao p�blico ".
I�ve neverbtaught that and I�m afraid because I don�t know where I can find materials to teach it.
Can you help me, PLEASE!!!
Greetings
C�tia  

2 Oct 2009      

susaninha
Portugal

Hello,
I believe there are several worksheets with dialogues on Assistance, such as Dealing with phone calls, At the reception or Dealing with customers. Try to find out if there �s any specific area which the trainees /students are interested in and try to adapt the worksheests you dowload to more specific situations. If their level is too basic, there �s a manual called English for Secretarial and Administrative Personnel, publised by Mc Graw Hill, that might have interesting material for Public Service / Reception, which comes with a CD, too.

I hope I �ve been helpful and good luck, C�tia!

2 Oct 2009     

susaninha
Portugal

sorry, when I say "dealing" I mean "handling"

2 Oct 2009     

cgato
Portugal

Hi!

Is it a "CEF" level 2??? I taught that about 3 years ago. (curso: Empregado comercial).
It was a nightmare!Cry
Their English was less than basic! So mainly I taught them different vocabulary (clothes- sizes, patterns, etc-, food... ) and some basic sentences to help! Then we role played dialogues and different situations. I used vocabulary ws mainly and got some material from some sites. For example http://bogglesworldesl.com/
If it �s a CEF, level 2, don �t worry too much! Just do your best and teach them some basic stuff. 
My students needed to speak Portuguese correctly before they could learn English! Unhappy
Miracles... that �s God businessSmile

Good luck

2 Oct 2009