Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Halloween Castle Gameboard Answer Key    

Halloween Castle Gameboard Answer Key

Pinky Makus
Canada

Halloween Castle Gameboard Answer Key

Hello friends!

Somebody asked me for an answer key for my cards in my Halloween game.  I am sorry.  I didn �t even think about adding one.  Because over 40 people do not have the answer key  I will add it here.  I have updated  the cards as they had some errors.  Here are the answers if you need them:

Solutions: 

Witches fly on broomsticks. / Witches travel on broomsticks.

Vampires turn into flying bats. / Vampires change into flying bats. / Vampires transform into flying bats.

Vampires like blood. / Vampires crave blood. / Vampires drink blood.

Werewolves howl at the full moon. / Werewolves growl at the full moon. /Werewolves bay at the full moon.

Ghosts haunt old houses and ancient castles.

In stories, monsters hide under the bed. / In stories, monsters crawl under the bed. /  In stories, monsters lay under the bed.

Fog drifts over the graves.  / Fog hovers over the graves. / Fog lingers over the graves.

The leaves drift in the wind. / The leaves rustle in the wind. / The leaves fly in the wind.

On Halloween, children carve orange pumpkins. / On Halloween, children smash orange pumpkins.

Children often wear costumes on this day. / Children often put on costumes on this day.

Children go from house to house to get candy.  / Children travel from house to house to get candy.

Children say, �Trick or Treat!� / Children shout, �Trick or Treat!� / Children yell, �Trick or Treat!�

Mummies are covered in bandages. / Mummies are wrapped in bandages.

Frankenstein is usually green. / Frankenstein was usually green.

Do not eat any candy unless it has been checked first!

What will you wear for Halloween? / What will you be for Halloween? / What will you do for Halloween?

The candle flame flickered in the breeze. / The candle flame quivered in the breeze. / The candle flame moved in the breeze.

The old brown owl said, �Hoo.  Hoo.�

My favorite part of Halloween is the candy! / My favorite part of Halloween was the candy!

The scariest costume I ever saw was a skeleton.

The spider quickly crawled to its� web.  / The spider quickly sprang to its web. / The spider quickly scurried to its� web.

Ugly witches are usually green with warts. / Ugly witches were usually green with warts.

Do not go to darkened houses alone!  Travel with friends.

Halloween is scary for children. / Halloween can be scary for children.

The tree looked weathered and thin. / The tree appeared weathered and thin.

The door creaked as it opened. / The door squeaked as it opened.  / The door groaned as it opened.

When the skeleton moved its bones rattled. / When the skeleton ran it�s bones rattled. / When the skeleton moved its bones shook. / When the skeleton moved its bones clattered.  Etc.

Ghosts are chasing me! / Ghosts were chasing me!

(More answers are possible, but these are what I came up with in a hurry.)

Pinky

5 Oct 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

Thanks, Pinky!

5 Oct 2009