Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > SONGS    

SONGS

zabadoo
Croatia

SONGS

Hi everyone!
I have to make a presentation on how to introduce a song to young learners of English, so im just curious if you could share some of your ideas. For example: how do you introduce new vocabulary, what methods do you use for pre-, during- and post listening. I �m talking about children aged 6-10.
Thank you in advance!

7 Oct 2009      

categ�rica
Spain

Hi zabadoo!!! You can always introduce vocabulary with mimic, matching pictures with words, using synonyms (you give half of the class sets of words from the song, and the other half sets of words with synonyms, so they have to find their own pairs; You can also do it with opposites). These are some ideas to introduce new vocabulary...

7 Oct 2009     

Animagus
Portugal

Good morning dear colleague!

A good way to give some new vocabulary to the kids is using flashcards. Before they listen any song or story you try to explain the words with pictures and gestures. You can make up a gesture to each word and when they listen to the song is much easier for them to understand. Everytime they listen to the word they do the gesture and will remember its meaning.

You don �t need to explain every single word. Just decide which ones are essential to understand the main story.

When their minds are perfectly clear in each word meaning, they will be able to sing or retell the story by their own.

Good luck in your experience.

Hugs from Portugal.

7 Oct 2009     

categ�rica
Spain

I couldn �t have said anything better!

7 Oct 2009