Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > To nikadixon re Help translating    

To nikadixon re Help translating

alien boy
Japan

To nikadixon re Help translating

@ nikadixon

your final association between �fagging � & homophobia shows 2 things:

1) you did not read the wikipedia article that was linked & hence it �s relevance to P.G. Wodehouse �s book; and

2) your immediate assumption of homophobia without any proof whatsoever. The association you made is solely fromyour own agends & has no relation to either my posts or the entry referenced.

Your assertions say far more about your own assumptions & ego than about either the posts or discussion to that point.

Again, shame on you for hypocritical behaviour & attitudes in your forum posts.

You have one hell of an ego to go with any of your abilities, talent & skills.

Do you display this same attitude to your students? I would be astonished!

So please, I would like you to either prove where I was being either homophobic or ethnophobic! This would astonish my immediate family & friends (my immediate family includes members from many different cultural & religious backrounds across 4 continents & we have all had involvement in gay & lesbian rights & equality issues in Australia). Your assertions & assumptions are highly offensive., especially in that you have not based them upon ANYTHING that was in my posts

You are libeling me and I demand an apology.

Again, SHAME ON YOU!

AB

edit: or are you just going to delete your posts again so that you appear to bein the right, all perfectly sweet,  innocent & �all knowing�? So much for the integrity I initially believed you showed in your posts!

8 Oct 2009      

Alenka
Slovenia

I don �t understand what is here going on. I have just known nikadixon as a very nice person. I would like we stop to blame each other on this wonderful site.

8 Oct 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi Alenka,

read the link if you wish to find out... unless she has amended it!

Also, many of the members here who know me will also tell you I have integrity, accept & encourage differences in opinion from our members. I also try to adhere to the same standards that I apply to others.

Not once have I used race, colour, creed, gender or sexual preference as an argument for or against anyone in any discussions.

Libel with such a large & international membership is a serious issue.

Kind regards,
AB

8 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi AlienBoy,
I understand you! But I read the post and I think this member
nikadixon has deleted the replies she posted to you so that thread doesn �t make much sense .. but I know what you are talking about beacuse I read it last night!
Don �t worry too much, I �m sure people know you and know you were only trying to help and your words got distorted..
 I think some people (like the one in question) spend too much time in front of the computer doing studies and investigations of whatever.. and missinterpret people..

8 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

I have known Alien Boy for a long while - since he signed up probably. And we have butted heads on things but in the end, we always worked things out and, at least on my part, ended up learning something new.

I have always found him to be very open-minded, fair and unbiased and quite truthfully, I also really, really dislike when a member erases his/her posts! It �s a very underhanded thing to do... You write something, own up to it whether it be good or bad. Heaven knows that I have had "screaming" matches with some members in the past but  I have never ever deleted those posts. They are there for posterity.

8 Oct 2009     

Mariethe House
France

this is the copy of the pm I sent Alienboy but I feel it has to be shown on the message board ;;

I would not feel at peace with myself!
I don �t understand what �s happening.. I didn �t see the original discussion.... I am so sorry you sound so angry.. I know for sure from your private message and for reading you on the forum, that you sound a very honest and sincere person. You are the last person I would accuse of homophobia or ethnophobia! You have all my support.
Regards
Marieth� 

8 Oct 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Alien Boy... I �m so sorry the thread got so tangled up!!! like I said in the other post, I really and truly appreciate your help, and everyone elses help. All of your opinions are very useful. It gives me so much insight from different cultures, and that is very valuable for me. Thanks again, for your help!!!

Best,

Mar

9 Oct 2009