Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help!!!! I can ´t think of a synonym...    

Help!!!! I can ´t think of a synonym...

silpont
Argentina

Help!!!! I can ´t think of a synonym...

Hi nice teachers over here! I just need some help!. Does anyone know a synonym for WEREWOLF? I M breaking my brain thinking about one, and I actually dont know.. I was asked yesterday by one of my very precise students who is always asking weird questions, and I promised to tell him tomorrow. He said he was pretty sure he heard it somewhere in a movie. (?????). Can somebody help me please?. Many thanks in advance!!!!!

Hope u all have a great day!

Huge hugs!

Silvi :)

15 Oct 2009      

huizinga
Poland

Hi, I have found word: lycanthrope in one of my dictionaries. Hope it will help:)

15 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Wolfman and lycanthrope - but that �s about it.

Werewolf is the most used word for that "creature".

15 Oct 2009     

douglas
United States

wolfman?

1. (noun) werewolf, wolfman, lycanthrope, loup-garou
a monster able to change appearance from human to wolf and back again
Synonyms: werewolf, lycanthrope, loup-garou, wolfman

15 Oct 2009     

miss_yanis
Argentina

this is a werewolf, half a man, half a wolf...

I think there �s no synonym for this word... just an explanation...

Kisses!

Miss Yanis

15 Oct 2009     

Jayho
Australia

I tend to think that wolfman is a synonym. 

For your student:

Back a while ago there was a fellow called Wolfman Jack who appeared in American Graffiti (along with a very very very young Harrison Ford).  Wolfman Jack was not a werewolf, he just looked a bit like one. Wolfman Jack also had his own popular radio programme, the Top 40 I think.  Although American we had his programme here in Australia.

Some time later there was a flick about werewolves in London.  Also, there is a great classic rock song called the Werewolves of London (but I �m not sure if it was associated with that movie).

Cheers - Jayho

15 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

Well, there is also "lycan" ... from the movie "Underworld - Rise of the Lycans". I suspect that this is the word your student was looking for since the "Underworld" films are quite popular. I believe that this is the third part. 

15 Oct 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

15 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Here �s a great site for synonyms!

http://dico.isc.cnrs.fr/dico/en/search

15 Oct 2009     

Nereis
Argentina

Look at you pm!! Love

15 Oct 2009     

silpont
Argentina

I just want to thank all u nice teachers for being so kind and helpful!!!!!!!!!!!. you did help!!! Im so glad to be here at this site where everyone is willing to help! Many thanks again!!

Hope you have a great day!!!

Tons of love!

Silvi :)

15 Oct 2009