Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > please help!    

please help!

ATKAT
Cyprus

please help!

Hello everyone,

I am currently preparing a handout for a demonstration lesson.  during this lesson i am going to show my students the same recipe, with some of the ingredients modified. 

i am trying to make this handout as pictorial as possible by for example inserting pictures in the method and leaving spaces blank to that they would refer to the picture and be able to fill it in during the demonstration. 

the only questions that i am posing to myself are this:

1. since the two recipes that I am going to prepare are very similar to each other in method, should i make the method for my second recipe pictorial too?

2. should i use the same pictures and should i leave the same spaces blank?

What would you do, because i am confused and my first thought was that it is useless to give the students another method with the same spaces to fill in.  they would get bored!!

please help me!!

thanks so much to everyone

17 Oct 2009      

eng789
Israel

Make the method for the second recipe pictorial and have your pupils describe the process orally or in writing.

17 Oct 2009     

ATKAT
Cyprus

thanks so much! i will surely use this idea. thanks so much =)

19 Oct 2009