Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Video or movie suggestion for teenagers of 15 years old ...HeLp!    

Video or movie suggestion for teenagers of 15 years old ...HeLp!

ml_22
Argentina

Video or movie suggestion for teenagers of 15 years old ...HeLp!

Hi everyone! I was wondering if u could help me... I have to teach  with a video or a movie a class of students among the ages of 14 and 15 years old , they are pre-intermediates, the last topic we dealed with was past simple and past continuous, any suggestion on movies or videos? I have already searched on youtube.com  but I could find what I was looking for Cry
Thanks in advance!!!Thumbs Up 

18 Oct 2009      

_babz
Canada

you can always show them a scene of an old movie....and have them form sentences of the simple past and past continuous...

maybe a historical clip from youtube...

goodluck

18 Oct 2009     

Sara26
Brazil

How about the movie "Twilight"? I worked with my group of teens and they loved it! They are also pre-intermediate. I downloaded the ws here (a very nice one, by the way) and it was great!
If you need any further information, just let me know.

Hugs,
Sara

18 Oct 2009     

nejar
Peru

Hi!

Have you visited this webpage?

It has many useful activities that can help you .

Hugs,

Nelly

18 Oct 2009     

Mariethe House
France

Wow, sylvie! Merci ! Thanks a bunch 

18 Oct 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

I �m just using The Fifth Element, although Timeline (with Gerard Butler) is also great, because it �s interesting and deals with time travel, which is a great topic to cheat them into doing grammar revision of past tenses by retelling or commenting events from the movie. My introduction into the topic was exactly past s. and c. combined with the present tenses - we talked about the things people used to do and use some 1,000 years ago and then what we do now (it was really educative and fun for them, because people were writing with quills, whereas we use pencils now, they drove around in carriages and we have cars and aeroplanes, etc. They had a blast, wrote a lot, we talked a lot... And the beginning of The Fifth Element happens in 1914 on an archaeological site in Egypt (gold panels which catch the sun to provide light and wall carvings instead of pics and a kid ariving on a camel, and then jumps on 300 years to the future, to space, with the same images on comp.screens, and spaceships...) So much fun! I �m doing it with several groups from 12-16 years old. They all love it.

18 Oct 2009