Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Help what does "esl resource" mean?    

Help what does "esl resource" mean?

henrik grenu
France

Help what does "esl resource" mean?

Hello everyone,
I �m new on the site so I sent two contributions,
The first was a gap filling exercise on the song "It �s Friday, I �m in love", the other was "award stickers" with photos of different US presidents and speech bubbles in which was written: Well done, congratulations, you did it! etc...
Both worksheets have been removed by Victor,the webmaster with the explanation that my worksheets were not "esl resources." I sent him two messages, asking him if he could be more explicit so that I could send new worksheets. That was five days ago and I still haven �t had any answer.
If someone know what Victor means by "not esl resources", that would help me a lot, Thanks!

18 Oct 2009      

libertybelle
United States

If the moderators here decided that your worksheets were not esl resources, that means that they didn �t live up to the rules here.

If you take a look at some of the examples on the right column here
you will see examples of accepted materials and not accepted materials.

http://www.eslprintables.com/send_printables/beforesend.htm

Hope this helps
L

PS  Victor is a teacher like all of us here and doesn �t have a lot of time to respond to all his mails.  You could always send an example of your ws to a member here and ask for their opinion.
It is the moderators who report worksheets, not Victor. But Victor does delete the ws that the moderators report and agree upon.

18 Oct 2009     

chiaras
Italy

To be honest I do not understand why your ws have been removed, because there are plenty of ws with reward stickers in the site as well as songs with gap filling exercises. Maybe the moderators can help you understand. As far as I know, simple cliparts are not esl resources, or songs � lyrics if you do not provide at least an exercise with it.
Once I had a ws removed because it was rearranged from a book, then I understood you can do it if you mention the source and add more than one exercise. This should be the rule, but I �ve realized that although some sheets do not follow this rule, they have not been removed while mine has, so sometimes it is not so easy to understand. I think the moderators do a good job, but of course they can make mistakes. I �m sure they will explain to you what was wrong with your ws.
Have a nice Sunday!

18 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear chiaras,
if you see ws which doesn �t follow the rules just report it.

As for henrik grenu wss: I remember the one with the presidents and know that I also voted for removal. But as there are over a 100 reported wss every day I really don �t remember the exact description of the ws. But believe me: if it was following the rules I wouldn �t agree with the removal so there had to be something wrong.

Hope you will continue in uploading your wss.

Take care, Michaela

18 Oct 2009     

chiaras
Italy

Hi Zambia! I have already discussed this in the forum, so everything �s all right. See http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=12081 

I just wanted to suggest henrik she/he should ask what is exactely required here and try to understand it, even if sometimes it is not so easy because you may see ws that in someone �s opinion are ok but somebody else may think they are not. I got my explanations when it happened to me and I was satisfied with them. As suggested at that time, I even uploaded my ws again mentioning the source and adding two more exercises (there were only two in the first edition of my ws and I understood they were not enough) and it was not removed a second time.
Bye!

18 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Dear all,

We are all the time saying and defending the fact that printables should include some activity. For instance, plain texts or stories with no activities do not follow the rules. They surely are an ESL resource but when I registered I understood tht this site isn �t a storage of plain texts, clipars, posters, as I can easily find them on the net. We are suppose to upload �printables � which are original, created by the author uploading them, and containing activities to perfome. I see many people upload loads of cliparts as sets and write in the description, "useful for speaking".. I �m sure they are useful and an ESL resource, but where is the activity provided by the author? A guide for the ones who download it, to follow? I feel this is not the purpose of the site.  I see no difference in uploading this than uploading plain lyrics, poems with no activities.

To me then, an ESL resource is something which is complete and includes tasks to perfome, filling the gaps, complete, write, say.. match... etc etc.. Or maybe the purpose of the site is deviating.. who knows. ...

I often colaborate in the reporing section and I try to be fair.

18 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

stexstme,

I feel so sorry I had to read your nasty reply.

Thank you for your lovely reply! NOT hhaha

ERrmm.. your post sounds pretty nasty and provocative.!..

well, I do report according to the rules... And If I make a mistake, the worksheets can stay as other people would actually tell me or say it should stay.
I often report worksheets which are not ESL resource, or maybe they are but do not follow the rules..
So I would kindly ask you not to talk to me ever again.. as you obviously just wanted to attack me and couldn �t see or find the right place to do it.. And so decided to through your anger at me in my post.
I don �t think I �ve said anything out of place.. so please! Dear.. get a life sweety!.. :)

The most kind regards from me!!

Kisses!!!

CHEERSSSSSS

Sorry we can �t be friends...:)

18 Oct 2009     

henrik grenu
France

Ooooops! My intention wasn �t to start World War III, just to get a few explanations.

Thanks everyone for your kind answers, it did help. 
I think it would be a good idea if the moderators could send a few words to explain why a worksheet has been removed.

20 Oct 2009