Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need some suggestions please!    

I need some suggestions please!

igof
Portugal

I need some suggestions please!

Hi everyone...

I�m doing an action-research about techniques of vocabulary acquisition in learners from 10 to 15 years old, because I have a group of Ss this year that have lots of problems expressing themselves in English because they lack vocab. Some of them don�t know some basic words like "beach" Cry and they have problems understanding my instructions even when they are real simple. That�s why i�ve decided to do my research about this topic. I can learn more about the subject in order to help them improve their skills and to be more confident.
If anyone knows some sites or books about the subject that you can suggest me I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance Thumbs Up

Isabel  

5 Nov 2008      

carogrivas
Argentina

Hi! I know about a book that deal with the lexical approach to learning maybe that can be useful for you. It�s called "The Lexical Approach" by Micheal Lewis. He has also written some other books dealing with the same topic. Maybe you can google him and find out. Good luck!! Let us know how the research went!!!

5 Nov 2008     

igof
Portugal

Hi...

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Hug I will definetly look it up. I�m going to present my work in May but I won�t forget to post the result here. Thanks a lot for your help. My Kids also thank you.

Isabel

5 Nov 2008