Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Thanking message    

Thanking message

marta73
Spain

Thanking message

Thank you so much to all the people who take  time to write those warm comments on ws. I know it�s not always an easy task because we are in a hurry or just tired. Sooo, thanks, thanks, thanks.

5 Nov 2008      

sebas555
Chile

hi marta! where is Mafalda from?

is she spanish? I came across with some magazines about her.

regards

sebas

5 Nov 2008     

marta73
Spain

Hi Sebas,

Mafalda is an Argentinian comic strip by Quino. It�s written in Argentinian Spanish, which is slightly differen from the Spanish we speak in Spain ( and so much more sweet and cute). It�s from the 60s and 70s, I think and it�s one of the smartest strips I�ve ever read. There are a lot of people and situations in life which you can easily describe just with one of those strips.Don�t miss the opportunity to read the comics.

5 Nov 2008     

sebas555
Chile

i found a worksheet where it says that mafalda is spanish, that`s why i got confused. it was made by a portuguese teacher  

then i read the comments, where Nabila explains that she is not spanish but argentinian.

the teacher who made it says that the important thing is the idea, but i dont agree

he should have looked for information first before creating the worksheet!!!!!!

regards

sebas

5 Nov 2008     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

hi !! yes i wrote a comment on that ws.

With his opinion of adapting ws as teachers like, maybe some day
he says that the Simpsons are Argentinian, Chinese or Russian.
It doesn`t matter for him if he is giving wrong information.
I think that General Knowledge is very important too.

naby

5 Nov 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Well, I can�t miss this for many reasons.
First, it is true, THE GREAT MAFALDA is Argentinian, I love her, and she helped many teens in the old 60s and 70s, here in my country to dream of a better life, she managed to teach all of us, all those things political government, at that time, didn�t allow.
Then, I am Portuguese, so I apologize, if someone called Mafalda a Spanish girl, may be that is not important in the worksheet, but the fact is that Quino and Mafalda deserve to be known everywhere, so that was a mistake.
Long live Mafalda.

5 Nov 2008