Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Old members, new rules    

Old members, new rules

Akanah
Spain

Old members, new rules

Hi!

Some old WSS has been reported and/or removed because they don �t follow the new rules, I mean, flash cards are not uploaded as a set. When the were uploaded, there was nothing wrong. Now, some members think that the authors had had time enough to upload them again following actual rules.  Is it fair? I don �t think so... What �s your opinion? Did Victor say something about it and I lost that post?

Olga

26 Oct 2009      

goodnesses
Algeria

I, too, don �t think this would be fair.
For the simple reason that these people will lose points (sometimes a lot) they earned when the rules weren �t there and when this kind of WS were perfectly allowed.

26 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Olga,

I got used to that you never agree with me and that why I was asking  other members in the reporting page about this issue today. The particular wss were uploaded separately just to gain more points and I can see no reason for them to be uploaded separately even then as they all have the size about 45kb each.
I remember one of the "old" members saying the users had enough time to edit their work.
I understand the point they are going to loose some points but as I �m quite new and don �t know when the new rules about single flashcards were made (as many new moderators) I think even the older wss should be updated.
Or will we accept these single flashcards in following years as well saying "by the time.... the rules were different"? Will anyone remember the exact time when the new rules have been set?
If most of the people will disagree with me too I �ll accept it but still I think that!s not fair to keep single flashcards forever for the above reason.

Regards, Michaela

26 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

I agree with goodnesses and Olga. I don �t think that it �s fair that old members lose points because of new rules.

It �s easy to say that they should upload the new flashcards in a single file but they probably will never get as many points back as they had before since a lot of members already have their work and would see no reason to download them again.

I think that people should be a tad more tolerant about such things. If the date is very recent then obviously it �s against the rules but if it �s 6 months or so, I would think twice about reporting such a worksheet.

26 Oct 2009     

Akanah
Spain

@zambia09, your point of view, I respect that. Still don �t think you are right. Unless Victor tells us something about it, I guess you �ll keep on voting your way and so will I.

Regards, Olga

http://myenglishprintables.blogspot.com/

26 Oct 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

No one disagrees with you about the fact that flashcard should be uploaded in a single docs. The fact is that some rules shouldn �t not be applied to some kind of old WS.

Then, noone can say for sure that these people did it just for the sake of earning more points.

As for stolen WS for example, the rules must be applied for everybody old or new. Stealing is unacceptable and unforgivable whenever or whoever commit it.

This rule (flashcards set) can be applied to recently uploaded WS since their owner are supposed to be aware of the rules by now and if they still persist to upload this kind of WS that mean they are doing it on purpose just to gain more points as you say.

Just a personal POV.

26 Oct 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Just a note:

The rules were set just some months ago. The site exists since more than 2 years.

26 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

You �ve got right for your opinion - I wrote about mine. I respect other member �s opinions but still all the replies are form "old" members who remember when the new rules were made. I still don �t know when did this happen.
I admit I don �t check the dates of single flashcards because when I became the moderator the rule was set up already and only recently I heard it wasn �t always like that.
And would like to hear opinions from newer moderators too.

Edit: Goodnesses: I became a member in January this year (and a moderator in August) and the new rules were set up by the time. So I really only hear about "the old rules" from others.
Hope you see my POV.

26 Oct 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Well, Zambia09, that �s why we �re sharing this info with you. Now that you know it, do you still think it �s fair old members have to lose their points?

Olga

26 Oct 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Well, Zambia09, that �s why we �re sharing this info with you. Now that you know it, do you still think it �s fair old members have to lose their points?

Olga

26 Oct 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

@_ladybird_
I don �t see any objection to deleting old WS if and only if they clearly completely useless and not ESL resource.
But flashcards are ESL resources.
Then...
What is the fault of the owner if at the time no one told him/her that they should be uploaded in a single doc as a set.

26 Oct 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >