Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Free for all    

Free for all

huiqin
Malaysia

Hi! After reading all of your opinions, I think there �s something I want to share. As for me, I �ve been creating my own work in teaching adult English in Malaysia (a country in Asia), sometimes, my works were copied without any notification by other teachers. I was not happy but I could not do anything, that made me unwilling to �share � as others were not contributing at all.

Well, until I found this site, I was amazed. This is where I think I could learn a lot and share my ideas in teaching with a lot of other teachers who are teaching English as a second language in their countries. And for once, I was �proud � of my creation, but when I am in this site, I feel �small � as there are a lot of experienced teachers who have done a lot! I really feel that this is a fair way to exchange ideas and worksheets. I like it this way.

Of course, there are new teachers who would like to download first before contributing, but I think the �preview � function in this site has done the job. New teachers can always create their own materials by previewing the worksheets. This is good! I �m still new here, and I only have 7 points currently, so the preview function has actually helped me in getting the idea and preparing my own materials in teaching. Thanks a lot!! This site made me realized that there are still a lot of GOOD PEOPLE in the world! Thanks again.

27 Oct 2009     

Nounaya 73
Algeria

Hi everybody! I wanted to add that this site gave me a big force and will when I felt uncapable to download one ws because I had to contribute to dowload really it pushed me to create and to work hard day after day and thanks God and thank you too I downloaded a lot of ws and you can �t imagine how pleased my pps are!!!!!!!!!!!

27 Oct 2009     

donapeter
Romania

@ all new members:
we ALL were new here at a moment, and some of us have been here before the tutorials were posted. We learned step by step and we succeeded. I agree with the free tutorials, but think about the first members who did a lot of work here without tutorials and without help. 
Dont ask and ask and ask. All I can see everyday on this forum is asking for free stuff, for free tutorials, for free everything. It �s annoying. Just think this site started from somewhere...from ZERO. And we all contributed, shared and worked together. 

PS. Who wants another kind of site ....is free to make it!!!

27 Oct 2009     

swissprof
Switzerland

Don �t change anything ! It �s perfect !

We can learn a lot preparing new worksheets for our classes and for ourselves !

I think it �s just fair if you contribute you can download !

Thanks to everybody because I am new and appreciate all the work done in this site

It �s MARVELLOUS !Clap

27 Oct 2009     

zemi-san
Canada

Hello friends,

I agree with people to keep the idea of exchange by points and contributions of wss and ppts.

When we exchange it gives to people a good "fishing stick" rather than simple "fish for free".

Such a free fish is very rarely or never appreciated by others.

Internet is free. Good idea. Great idea. Excellent idea. Time is not free!

But self-learning and self-education of ESL teachers (even for very, very, very young with no experience who likes to cry and convince others when it �s better to get
new experience through some efforts!) is very valuable!

Good luck everybody! :):):) (^__^) Viktor

27 Oct 2009     

flo2106
France

I agree with all I �ve read about this topic.

I �ve been a member for 3 months and it didn �t take me that long to get enough points to download free ws. The more you see, the more you get ideas and the more you feel like creating.
I think that when one contributes, it �s a very good way to realize how valuable all the worksheets are and I also think that,  most of all, when one offers a personal printable, it �s the best way to thank all the contributors for their worthy work.

It �s a wonderful site the way it is !

Have a good day !

27 Oct 2009     

mada_1
Spain

Hello everyone!

I �m one of the "new" teachers on this site. Although I have been a teacher for a while,
I have never tried to produce wss by myself before. When I found this site I was amazed
by the amount of wonderful and valuable teaching materials but I felt a little bit disappointed to see that I had to share something first. However, the rule of this site encouraged me to prapare my own wss and I think it helped me develop and improve my skills.
I must say that I �m surprised how much I �m engrossed in making the wss and how much satisfaction I get from my work.

I �m happy to be a part of this site.

Have a nice day!

27 Oct 2009     

Jayho
Australia

To all new users

In fact, you shall receive more than you �ll ever give, and not just by way of printables.  You will enrich yourself in so many ways.

Cheers

Jayho

27 Oct 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

I think that all new members should receive an automated Welcome Message from Victor saying that

- this is the website where teachers of English exchange worksheets which they themselves created
- the website is ... years old and set in its ways for the convenience of the members
- the rules of the points system are as follows: ...
- the forum use rules are as follows: ...
- the rules on how to use the Private Messenger are as follows: ...
- the Frequently asked questions are as follows: ...
- basic hints and tips on how to make a nice and easily searcheable worksheet
- here are the links to the websites with free material

What do you think?

27 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Being a new teacher and being creative with the Word program are not the same thing.
I wasn �t a new teacher when I became a member here and I had no idea that you could do so many different things with the Word program!!
I asked how others did it and got lots of replies and help.
Some even made worksheets on how to make better WSs!!!

It �s all a question of practice.  We all started at the bottom and worked our way up.
That is the learning process - for us and our students too.
Even though I �ve been a teacher for many years, doesn �t mean that I still can �t learn something new every day!!!

I too, am tired of hearing about changing this site. There are no shortcuts to learning.
L

27 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >