Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > CLIPART IS TOO BIG TO UPLOAD    

CLIPART IS TOO BIG TO UPLOAD

foreign
Slovenia

CLIPART IS TOO BIG TO UPLOAD

Dear members of this site, especially the ones with longer status and more experience!

I �m fairly new at this site and I need some advice. You �ve probably answered questions like this one lots and lots of times, but here it is again.
I prepared a worksheet yesterday and I wanted to upload it today only to discover that it was 500 kB big. It is only one worksheet but it does have quite a lot of clipart on it because it is all part of the exercise. I �ve tried copressing the pictures but nothing works. Is there any other way of compressing word documents or will I just have to give up on the idea of uploading it?

I �d be grateful for any kind of advice, not just for this worksheet but also for future ones!

Thanking you in advance.

Mojca

27 Oct 2009      

HOLYMARY_852
India

From Start - Open Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Add picture short cut seen on the left top, a dialogue box will open. Click on the Folder containing your pictures / cliparts. All your pictures will appear in Picture Manager Window. Run your mouse pointer on any picture, you �ll notice its size. Reduce the size of any large pictures from the Edit Menu on the right side and save your work. Now re-insert these pictures in your word document. I hope this would solve your problem.

27 Oct 2009     

foreign
Slovenia

Dear Holymary!

Thank you for your answer. My clipart isn �t in any file though, it is on a CD-rom I have that contains clipart. What can I do here? Any ideas?

Thanks.

27 Oct 2009