Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Three Strickes and you are out.........3    

Three Strickes and you are out.........3

blizzard1
Denmark

Three Strickes and you are out.........3

I �m posting this message for the third time inspired by Sylvie.

If you want to keep the good sharing spirit of this site get involved.

Please read the following threads and give your opinion if possible.

Thank you
Tisha

28 Oct 2009      

mr.dgdln
Turkey

İf I �ve got to know Victor a bit since I joined this site... He is such a peacful man that he �ll give every member more than 3 chances. we, as the ones who adores this site, must have the courage to deal with those mischievous members.Maybe we can ,at last, imbue those members with the feeling of sharing one �s own work for the sake of esl.

28 Oct 2009     

Sue.
Egypt

Thank you Tisha..

I vote for victor �s new system..

victor
Spain

My idea is this:

When a worksheet is reported as stolen (and a clear link is provided) we will be able to vote:
Should be removed:  Yes   No
Send first warning:  Yes   No

If a user has been warned once, it will be registered, and the next time the moderators will see:
Send second warning:  Yes   No

And the following time, the moderators will see this:
Cancel account:  Yes   No  

This would only appear if the worksheet has been reported as stolen.

The idea is to use our common sense:
- If it is clear that the user is trying to get points for nothing (and a link to the original is provided) we have to vote for warning.
- If it seems that the author is trying to contribute with his/her own work but the worksheet has to be removed for copyright reasons, we have to vote not to send warning. (The user will be informed about the reasons of the removal, but it will not be counted as a warning)

25 Oct 2009     

28 Oct 2009     

serene
Greece

Hi Tisha!
I agree with Victor �s idea that appears in Sue �s post.

28 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

@stexstme
angry words but righteous words. I agree,then. The system
Sue. mentioned which was put forward by Victor is so discreet.

28 Oct 2009     

baiba
Latvia

The system suggested by Victor is sensible. However, I don �t actually believe in its ability to stop the cheaters, sorry. I am just being rational.

28 Oct 2009     

morganalin
Portugal

Hi Tisha! I also agree with Victor �s idea. He always know what to do.
Greetings

28 Oct 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Well, it �s true that nothing will stop those who cheat because it is in their nature, but at least they find a community that reacts against dishonesty!
Ciao

28 Oct 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

I am for this idea! I think it will work out perfectly well! If there is concern about it - if it works or not, maybe Victor could test it for a month or so and see the results. Another thing is that with this new system, all moderators should pay more attention to every contribution itself (here I mean the common sense Victor mentioned). In any case, I don �t think this new system will harm the site. It will be beneficial for sure.

28 Oct 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

I totally agree with "3 strikes, " and I think that you are right about the fact that it �s time to take action and stop discussing it. Victor has a wonderful plan, so let �s do it.

I also like the idea of evaluating the registration process so that one member does not have multiple accounts from which to upload stolen material and harrass good people.

Carla

28 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Sylvia,
what �s wrong with you today? Cheer up, girl - life is too short for feeling down.Wink
Let �s just hope Victor will make the changes as soon as possible.

By the way - don �t the newcomers need an e-mail for registration? This could be a way how to check multiple accounts. I doubt someone would create a new e-mail address every day to make a fake profile here. (Hope you will understand me).Embarrassed

28 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >