Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Feeling sad...    

Feeling sad...

gilorit
Israel

Dear Mishuna and everyone,
I am so happy to see I am not the only one who is tired & exhausted...
I sometimes feel so down , and have no energy for doing anything.
I see myself as an octopus - sending my many arms all around, trying to do so many things together - I see I am not the only one.
But still... I love my work !!! I love being a teacher.
Orit

6 Nov 2008     

meuge
Argentina

Hi Mishuna!
I am feeling exactly as you right now....! But it is completly understandable at this time of the year, at least in this part of the world...
I am not studying anything at the moment,only some few seminars....  I have finished my career some years ago, This is my 15th year of teaching english! And as you said , have heaps of tests and papers to correct, forms to fill in, classes to prepare and so on....Wacko And as Aldana ... I thank having a great husband who helps me at home with whatever he can.... We have FOUR children!!!!!! And I teach at a secondary school... 12 courses! So you could picture how I also feel when I get home and I must go on working though no one pays us those hours we work at home getting ready to the following day to be at school fresh and with our minds clear to deliver an original and well-prepared class...Big smile
You described exactly how I was feeling as regards downloading worksheets and not having the time upload anything so as to give something back! But I must really thank everyone in this site .....whenever I needed something I found it here... It is like a big family!

Just  KEEP YOUR HEAD UP !!!! Nothing is impossible, believe me! Wink

Don�t feel sad , Cheer up!!!!! Smile And don�t forget you also have a life to live!(These are my husband�s words...Embarrassed) So enjoy it as much as you can!!!!!

Lots of love!!HeartHug
M. Eugenia

6 Nov 2008     

spring
Turkey

Hi Mishuna..

You are not alone.You can see this from my quick,short note:)))We are also just like you..

I am writing these remarks to show that there are some times people feel down and this is comman.We love you as you are and know that you are sincere.You will come up with beautiful worksheets and up to that time just relax and enjoy your time.Yes,sharing requires giving-taking but remember that we are all friends and true friends do not expect anything from each other.(Friendship bears everything)

We are a big family in here..Just Smile:))))

6 Nov 2008     

igof
Portugal

That�s why I love this site...lots of people came here to cheer you up Mishuna. I posted my comment between my classes. It only takes two minutes to write some nice words to someone and I meant every single one of them. So I think you�re feeling much better now. Even I am feeling better... and I love you all. And I just want to congratulate Andrea and  M. Eugenia from Argentina, and all the moms. I�m your fan.Clap All this work and 4 children??? I haven�t got children...YET Wink but I can imagine all the work. UFF!
So keep up the good work and if you feel sad just step by. We�ll cheer you up in a glimpse of an eye.

ENORMOUS KISS TO ALL OF YOU

iSABEL

P.S- Rigth now it�s freezing cold here in Portugal. I wish I could go to Argentina to enjoy the Summer, but I�ll have to wait 7 more months here in the north hemesphere. Well! It�s best if I don�t think much about it, otherwise I�ll have to post a message with the title " I feel depressed..." LOL

6 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

the important is not how much you give but that you give. �Every little helps. �I find myself in a similar situation, I have very little time to upload. �Don�t feel sad, when you have this wonderful comunity for support. :)

7 Nov 2008     

Ana B
Portugal

Hello Mishuna and fellow-teachers!

I just want to send you a big Hug.

I�m going to be a mum very soon - maybe next week I�ll meet my baby girl!

These past two months I haven�t been working for medical reasons, so this site was a great way to keep-in-touch with English Teaching. Maybe you won�t be seeing me for some time next weeks.

The fact is, if I were working I�d be in the midst of a �crisis�, with so many classes and papers to fill in and meetings to attend�. And besides that, I commute (2 hours a day!).

It�s very hard to be a teacher these days. You really need to be passionate about it or there are days you want to give up because you desperately need a break.

So, we all understand you and your feelings. I hope I can be as perfectionist as always, even as a mother.

Keep up the good work! Keep up your passion for teaching!

Big hug

Ana

By the way, thanks all contributors for their nice comments on my printables. I hope you keep on downloading and commenting while I�m gone. I�ll be back!

7 Nov 2008     

< Previous   1    2