Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Suggestions    

Suggestions

borna
Croatia

Thanks zailda, that �s very helpful. I try to keep up-to-date as well, but I feel that if I �m not around for a day or two, you guys come up with a new rule!!

29 Oct 2009     

borna
Croatia

I didn �t mean it as a criticism, I just wish all the rules were written somewhere, so we can check if we �re not sure about something. I also think forum should be used for discussing teaching topics only.

29 Oct 2009     

julianbr
Italy

Maoopa
- I played that synonym game before - but I think it was called something else when I played it ..

29 Oct 2009     

monicap_87
El Salvador

Thumbs Down

29 Oct 2009     

maoopa
China

MMM I see this topic is a bit controversial. I must state that I strongly disagree. I respect other �s points of view but still think is a wrong point of view.

There is a category named "Games and Activities" and that makes me think I can suggest those kinds of things under that category. If we think about using the right word, ADVERTISING is not th best one to name what I do. SHARING is better for me. I already have enough members and visitors (I think more than what I can handdle) and that would be the objective of advertising.

I just think that there should be some "rules" when it comes to share a link from your own websites, which, I insist, is completely valid and relevant. Besides, I feel a sense of attacking in some comments as if I were to feel sorry for what I did.

At this point, I think that I need more than 3 people disagreeing to make me think I �m wrong (in one hour, I �ve seen more than 100 visitors from eslprintables.com that may be on the other side). Also, I will be willing to accept the site owner �s word forbiding what I do.

Please accept my deep appologies for disagreeing with you, but I was taught to stand for something you believe... and I believe there �s nothing wrong with what I do.

29 Oct 2009     

baiba
Latvia

I would like to agree with Borna regarding the rules.

It is true that new rules spring up nearly every day. Possibly they are written somewhere but they are scattered all over the place and newcomers may feel intimidated if they write something on the forum and discover they have broken some rule.

It would be good to write all the rules on the front page in a well-seen place.

That �s my opinion.

(Oh yes, and I don�t think it is a horrible crime to mention your own blog on this site, without advertising...)

29 Oct 2009     

maoopa
China

To many rules, by the way.
I was just re-reading the answers to my post and I read someone who sent me a PM thought my answer was not "nice".

For her (him), I don �t take things personal. I just try to answer in a professional and serious way; I �m not trying to get into personal fights and offensive messaging as I have seen here before. By the way, I never got the message saying you were a moderator.

29 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

maoopa,
you had to get a message about me being a moderator as I sent it. But as I can see you change your answers I �m not surprised you "can �t remember".
The moderators here asked you not to abuse this site with your advertising but somehow it is not important you. I believe if a hundred people would ask you not to do it you �d write it is not enough and thousand people should write.
For me this is the end of discussion with you as it is just a waste of time.

29 Oct 2009     

maoopa
China

That �s really aggressive and disrespectful from you Zambia. I �m trying to be polite. I just disagree with you but still respect you. I have presented my reasons to publish the links I share, but the only answer I �m getting are attacking messages that do not address my point in a professional way. I �m sorry that running away is your way to end a discussion.

29 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Running away? Excuse me! I just can �t see any point in discussing with someone who doesn�t respect the wish of other members. There isn �t  one single person supporting you, yet you still see nothing wrong about your advertising.
Such disrespect and selfishness from you.

Edit: How grateful I am for the "ignore user" list as some users don�t respect my wish about ending the discussion and started abusing me via PM. Thumbs Down

29 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >