Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > The best method to learn new words    

The best method to learn new words

Koalla
Russian Federation

The best method to learn new words

Hi, everyone!

What is the best way to learn new words in your opinion? Perhaps you �ve already tried some and found them effective... Please give me some advice or helpful links. I �ll be veru grateful!

29 Oct 2009      

SaraMariam
United States

This is more for the german speaking people http://www.vokker.net/de/start/ . I just love this method and it helped me a lot when i started to learn foreign languages. I use the same system with some of my students. Can be done online or with paper. But like I said it �s all in german as far as I remember :s 

Hugs
Sara

29 Oct 2009     

Koalla
Russian Federation

Thanks! Luckily I know German :)

29 Oct 2009     

SaraMariam
United States

lol perfect then :p they also have articles about learning vocab etc. It �s quite interesting :) one must just browse a bit on the site 

29 Oct 2009     

Koalla
Russian Federation

Thanks once more!

30 Oct 2009     

ayda louhichi
Tunisia

I think that visuals help a lot teaching vocabulary. You can use visuals taken from magazines, newspapers, real posters and big flashcards ....

Gestures also, whether facial or physical help a lot as well.

For more advanced levels, you can try matching words with their definitions

Good Luck!

2 Nov 2009     

shimaa
Egypt

hi every body i think you have to memorize words and write it in apaper for three or more untill you keep it we follow this way in egypt

3 Nov 2009