Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > I wish I could download    

I wish I could download

dennisbott
Japan

I wish I could download

I am a new member and have uploaded some worksheets but I still have zero points and some of the prints are so colorful and good, that it seems so hard to compete with them and have people choose mine.

I uploaded the Halloween matching worksheet by the way.

It �s not great but I �m working with a Japanese version of word and did my best.

Thanks for reading.

Dennis

2 Nov 2009      

notagoobertwin
China

When OI clicked your account I only saw 1 worksheet by you. Try uploading some more stuff the more stuff you have on here the more points you will get.

2 Nov 2009     

Laura-Jane
Japan

Hiya,
we all start off with this problem (!), and using Japanese word is a pain, I completely understand!
But take a look at my worksheets and you can see it is possible to make them attractive without understanding the Japanese! If you have any questions on how to use JP word you can email me and I will try to answer (Alien boy has helped me in the past!).

However it is about the content rather than how attractive your worksheets are. Your worksheets seems pretty simple and the type of worksheet you can put together quickly. Perhaps that is why people do not want to use it?
Also Halloween is a very specific topic, and not everyone teachers it, you may have a better response if you use a body parts worksheet, or uncountable nouns etc, something which everyone needs on a regular basis!

Ganbatte Kudasai!
(This is japanese for `go for it, or fight or generally try your best`)

2 Nov 2009     

Kohaku
Japan

Halloween has finished so there probably wasn �t a large demand for it. Try creating more worksheets with  a variety of material. Try not to copy anyones work either. The downloads will come. I see you have 2 points. Also try doing at least 3 a day. Try using a border from word and decent content. GambatteThumbs Up 

2 Nov 2009     

fsams
Maldives

Dont worry dear, many newbies have the same problem....so you are not alone!

Be a little bit patient till you get points!  Upload more! As you said the content is what matters! You are right, but you gotta make it look attractive too if you want to persuade others to download your stuff - plus your students would enjoy doing colourful and attractive worksheets. It �s part of making the lessons more lively too:)

Welcome to ESL printables and all the best,
Fsams

2 Nov 2009     

PhilipR
Thailand

adw2c is right. A Halloween ws isn �t going to be a smash hit in November...
Try some easy �tricks � to embellish your ws, such as putting a border around the page, adding a (light) background colour etc.
If you don �t have an appropriate version a Windows, download OpenOffice for free and save your ws as Word documents.
I downloaded your single ws half a dozen times as encouragement. Try a bit harder and before you know it you �ll have 30 downloads.

2 Nov 2009