Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Everyday English    

Everyday English

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Everyday English

Hello dear colleagues,
I have a student who has a very high level of English, she has passed TOEFL, GMAT, spent a few weeks preparing for IELTS in England and she has always dealt with business, professional English. She uses a lot of GMAT vocabulary in her speech (teachers who have taught for GRE/GMAT �s verbal part will understand what it means). But it turned out that she can �t speak informal English, she gets confused when we listen to a recording where native speakers talk about everyday simple things. I use movies and we talk a lot and I teach her how to simplify her speech by trying different methods, but I was thinking...is there a good course book with informal, everyday English for very Advanced students?

4 Nov 2009      

julianbr
Italy

hi Kate ..

I like New English File for everyday, non-business,  language ..

what do you think about that one .. ?

4 Nov 2009     

tornado81
Poland

I teach my conversation classes with Innovations, it �s full of natural expressions that can be used in practical situations.

4 Nov 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Thank you very much! Hug

4 Nov 2009