Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Deletions?    

Deletions?

gkole70
United States

Deletions?

I wanted to delete a worksheet which I had submitted an updated, improved version of, but I was told that if I did I �d lose the points that I had coming for it. This is a wksht which had been in the system for six months or so, so it seems these points should be safe from loss, whether I delete the wksht or not. Does anyone know why that happens? Thanks! Gary

6 Nov 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

I �m afraid not. If you delete the worksheet and upload a new version you will loose the points.

6 Nov 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

There is no need to delete it.

Just use the "update this printable" option and you will be able to upload the new worksheet upon the old one without losing points.

6 Nov 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

IF the worksheet was downloaded by "many" people, I suggest not to delete it. You will loose your points.
IF you think the updated version would get much more points, then delete the old ws and then upload a new better version... We usually delete / rewrite all wss with 20-10 points or less...
Every time you delete a worksheet, you loose all the points, no matter how old the worksheet is...  Hope it �s clear...

6 Nov 2009     

gkole70
United States

Hmm..well, thanks for answering! Guess I �ll do as you suggest and update instead. Gary

6 Nov 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Ok, it party answers a question i had...If you delete a worksheet, you loose all the points you got for it. That is clear. How come though, that some members have more points than the sum of the points of all their worksheets together?  I thought that it maybe happens because they have deleted sheets but now i understand that they would loose points as well if they deleted. I am just curious how a situation like that comes to be. does it work the same with powerpoints and onlines? ( a field I don �t know at all...)
Marion

6 Nov 2009