Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > new methods of teaching    

new methods of teaching

ffrree
Kuwait

new methods of teaching

hi everyone
i �m a new teacher. i �ve been a teacher one year ago. i �ve  experienced teaching  1 year only. so i need ur  experiences in theaching to build up perfect ways of teaching.
i want to know:
1-how to teach grammer, reading, listening, speaking and writing.
2- how to teach grammer in a funny way( fun to learn even the students are adults)
3-how to keep the class quiet and to attract students � attention.

thank u in advanced

7 Nov 2009      

Huguette
Martinique

Hi;

I usually work around a subject my students are interested in. For example I may choose to work on "sports", so I study LIKES AND DISLIKES  and I also introduce by the way, some adjectives to speak about sports. This is vocabulary, right ?!

I  show flashcards or powerpoint diaporama with pictures or videos of extreme sports they are craving after.

They use the grammar structures I �ve introduced because they want to say how they feel, and what they think about these extreme sports. They practise english orallythen.   On the net, I try to find  a interview of a famous athleteS  for them to listen and work on, on the lab

I can find also articles of newspapers online.

I basically stick to their life, what they like, what is around them.

Having english penfriends also helps them a lot.

That �s what I do. It �s working for me. There may be other ways  though!

I wish you the best !

7 Nov 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

I am sorry I have no time to answer all your questions but I �d recommend reading these books:
http://eltcatalogue.pearsoned-ema.com/Course.asp?Callingpage=Catalogue&CourseID=FI
http://eltcatalogue.pearsoned-ema.com/Product.asp?CallingPage=Catalogue&ISBN=9780582339323&SearchTerm=
http://eltcatalogue.pearsoned-ema.com/Product.asp?CallingPage=Catalogue&ISBN=9780582853591&SearchTerm=

7 Nov 2009     

ffrree
Kuwait

thank u so much
huquette and kate
i hope the other members share their experinces

7 Nov 2009     

mr.abraham
Saudi Arabia

hi ,

I �ve just presented a presentation among my Doctor and mates about how to make your class effective as well as enjoyable by using small groups. The idea is to divide your class into small groups and you have to put in your mind number of things when you are dividing them into groups. Let me give you an example, I �m sure that in each class there are some students who are shy, weak, active and so on... so, you need to make kind of balance by putting each kind of students in each group. After you do that your stress will be  removed and now you can explain your lesson without fear, because when one member of group is ignorant of using a tool required for mastering a lesson and when another student is well known of using that tool, the ignorant one will have the experience of using that tool and sometimes even by glancing. So you don �t have to concentrate highly on students � understanding and focus on other things such as using Role Play .

Actually I �ve just registered on this website and I find it very useful .... I �m sure that there are some other ways for teaching.

I hope I gave you something useful. 

Accept my humble regards Smile

7 Nov 2009     

ffrree
Kuwait

thank u mr.abraham

8 Nov 2009