Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Could you please give me some ideas?    

Could you please give me some ideas?

WestHampstead
Spain

Could you please give me some ideas?

Hi! I �m teaching in  a secondary school and I �ve got two groups in the 2nd year of ESO which cause me some trouble. Though I �ve got experience I �ve started this year in this school and I haven �t connected with the students and, this makes me feel a bit worried �cause we �re just in November. Have you got any ideas which I could use to make them feel motivated? and change this way the rythm of the class? we �re studying the topic of food and it �s just that in this school students don �t have a book (they use a dossier) so it �s repetitive even for me!!!
Any suggestions would be accepted. Thanks in advanced!

7 Nov 2009      

JUANBEGI
Spain

Have a look at my worksheets. Students usually love them

8 Nov 2009     

WestHampstead
Spain

thanks for helping!they �re great!

8 Nov 2009     

JUANBEGI
Spain

Welcome!! If you need any of my worksheets, let me know, I �ll send them to you for free

8 Nov 2009     

WestHampstead
Spain

Thanks! by the moment I �ve got points so I �ll make a selection and I �ll download what I need tomorrow. If I can help you back let me know, you �re very kind!

8 Nov 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi,
I think you could play roleplays  about food with the students.You give them a menu and they play in the restaurant. Or they make a shopping list and go to the food stores to buy the items. There also are nice board games about food here. Check them out.

8 Nov 2009     

daddou
Tunisia

Hi

videos and pps with worksheets would suffice. It will make your classes more lively perhaps better than with a book.
good luck

8 Nov 2009