Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > PMs    

PMs

vickyvar
Greece

PMs

Good morning everyone!
Something has attracted my attention since yesterday morning. I have been trying to PM two members of this site but cannot do it. Is there a reason for that? Does it have to do with the "ignore users" option? I f that �s the reason then I must say that I am really sorry that people can treat me like this without my doing / saying anything bad / offending to them...
 I checked and I can PM other members... Could there be another explanation than the one I thought of?

Thanks.

12 Nov 2009      

cheezels
New Zealand

Sometimes people don �t realise that others cannot PM them... usually it has something to do with their user name and whether they have accidentally left a space at the end or somewhere or used symbols that are not recognised. So it probably isn �t you... but a mistake that they have made when entering their user name.Sometimes it´s a glitch in the system and they also don´t know that it is not working! Sometimes it works if they PM you first and then you can use the reply button.. (I know that that doesn´t help you too much in this situation sorry!)

12 Nov 2009     

eng789
Israel

I think it has happened before.  It was some kind of glitch.  Maybe you should send those members a message on their printables page.

12 Nov 2009     

vickyvar
Greece

Thanks for your replies.
I have sent messages to these people before and all of a sudden I cannot contact them. I put the PM button under their username and then I am back at ESL printables home page.

12 Nov 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Ok I know.... this happens to me too... I guess you are using firefox? You need to click on them to open to where their worksheets are and click to open any worksheet to preview. THEN click on their blue envelope and it should work.
If I try to click on a blue flag before this step then I too get directed back to the main page. :-)
EDIT: I can click on blue envelopes if the person has posted in the forum and I can click on them directly from there... but not if I search for them. Then I have to use the method mentioned first.

12 Nov 2009     

vickyvar
Greece

Oh yes, I see.
I tried that and it works. Thanks!!!!
I was very worried because I do not want  to give any false impressions to anyone!!!
Thanks again!!
Take care

12 Nov 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi, My PM doesn �t work. I understood that people can write me a PM -i.e. everything seems to be working normal and their message is sent. The problem is that I never receive any PM �s. Maybe that is even worse because in my case people think they send me messages and they probably think I just ignore them. I would hate to think people think me rude for not replying but I simply never get PM �s. I wrote in my personal info that my pm doesn �t work and that people can use my email instead... I �ve tried the thing about the space behind my username and everything but nothing seemed to work so I just gave up on it...

12 Nov 2009     

zailda
Brazil

@cheezels, you �re a genious! I �ve never realized the envelope works after opening a ws. I always try to open it before this step and the site always redirects me to the main page. It �s annoying and sometimes I simply give up.

Thanks for the tip!

12 Nov 2009