Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Why the anonymity?    

Why the anonymity?

colibrita
United Kingdom

Why the anonymity?

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering....

Is there a reason why we can �t know who is downloading our hard work? Call me curious, but I �d really like to know who �s liked my work enough to download and perhaps use in their classroom.

Why the anonymity?

Plus, if we knew, it �d sure as h**l cut down on all the downloading of stolen work! Might get a few more "thank yous" into the bargain too!!Wink

What do you all think?

12 Nov 2009      

Tatyana83
Armenia

I am always cuirious too..who??

But If somebody want to show up..they leave a comment..  :)

12 Nov 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I would like to know that too...

12 Nov 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Tatyana, many members do NOT show up!!! They just take!

12 Nov 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi

Frankly, I don�t feel any curiosity to know about those who do not feel the need to say thank you to me . Of course, all comments on our work are very rewarding, I do really appreciate them, but do we really offer our work to this community to see who like it or who don�t? To me, only those who are so kind as to leave a thank you note under my  worksheets are the people that really count, the rest, well, I take for granted that they like what I do, if not, what�s their point in downloading my work?

Stella

12 Nov 2009     

antoarg
Argentina

STELLAM,
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. "I take for granted that they like what I do, if not, what�s their point in downloading my work? " The fact that someone download our worksheets means that they are useful for them and that �s rewarding. No THANKS ARE NEEDED.

12 Nov 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

I don �t need the thanks, but I would like to know who is downloading.  As some of my worksheets are directed towards adults, I would especially like to know who downloads those, as I am always looking for new ideas for my adult classes.

Hugfrom Israel

Judy

12 Nov 2009     

frenchfrog
France

It is not necessarily a question of thanks (although I think it is rude to take something without saying anything, but it is my opinion, and it seems that in some cultures it is not �natural � to say �thank you �, as some of you have pointed out several times)!!!

If you don �t want to say �thank you �, leave a smile: :) or write �Have a nice day �. Don �t be anonymous!!!

Every time I gave one of my worksheets, I had either a �Thank you � or a smile. I never met a person who just took my worksheet and ran away!

LEAVE A SMILE: :) (I think that is what I am going to do from now on)

12 Nov 2009     

PhilipR
Thailand

My stuff was downloaded 15000+ times, I downloaded others � ws about 300 times. I rarely leave a thank you message. Thankyous are great, but I don �t need to get my ego brushed every single time someone downloads a ws and I don�t need the identity of each and every downloader. BTW, can you imagine all the extra megabytes this will generate?

12 Nov 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Agree with Stella and Philip.

12 Nov 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Again not a question of ego, but the possibility of meeting new people (not everybody of course)... My point of view. The question of space is a valid argument, though! Wink

12 Nov 2009     

1    2    Next >