Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > cheer up Laurence!    

cheer up Laurence!

Mariethe House
France

cheer up Laurence!

Just to show what I have done with Laurence �s ( frenchfrog) work....
I hope it will  cheer her up after last night �s bad surprise.
This is one of her cootie catchers and I can Garantee the kids Loooooooooved it!
here are some photos:

Kids doing the webquest :

And the result:

Think, Laurence that you are giving lots of joy to our children all over the world!!
Smile

12 Nov 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

Dear Mummy Mariethe,

It �s soooooooo kind of u to share us the success Laurence is continuously grasping. Undoubtly, she �s a great teacher who enriched our teaching careers in countless ways.
On this very special occassion, I �d like to thank her for the wonderful work she always offers and shares with us. Thanks!!!
Hugs,
Nebal

12 Nov 2009     

maikacaceres
Spain

It really looks fun. Can you tell me how to find this material? I �m not good at looking for things I �m afraid. I tried by  frenchfrog but no success. thanks

12 Nov 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Hi Marieth�, superb! It �s fantastic! Do you mind explaining (in the Cafe?) how you did, step by step? Thank you
Hug

12 Nov 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Thank you so much Marieth�! I haven �t tried my cootie catchers with my own pupils yet!!! It is nice to have some feeback!

12 Nov 2009     

Aurore
France

So what exactly are cootie catchers? I �ve looked on this site but I didn �t get any results.  Was it uploaded with a diffrent name. I looks very different and interesting I �d love to see it. Thanks in advance.

12 Nov 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Oh, yes, please do explain what you did as that looks like a wonderful, fun exercise and it seems to be a huge success with your students too!!Hug
Thanks for sharing, Marieth�.
Hugs,
Fiona.

12 Nov 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

It �s called "coin coin" in French.
My kids love them!!!
For some reason if you look for "cootie catchers" on the "contents" you can �t find them.
Write "Scotland" on Search for contents, scroll down and you �ll see the one on Scotland. It will lead you to the others!
I hope this is not considered advertizing...

And thanks a million again - dear Laurence - for this great activity!!!

12 Nov 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Dear friends!

I �ve also used frenchfrog �s cootie catcher and students loved it! they even got so motivated they started doing different figures afterwards!
Thank you!!

12 Nov 2009     

Mariethe House
France

Have a look at the original ws by Laurence. ( she gives all the links to her different cooties) This is the one about Scotland but you will find the others eaasily. Just type:
The name of the country and cootie catcher and you will find it.

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=scotland+cootie+catcher&B1=Search#thetop

I just followed Laurence �s instructions: They are very clear!
It-s a webquest... So the pupils did their search on the internet( one lesson), at school.... ( first photo) and then they wrote down the answers to the questions on the cootie ..... At home, they had to decorate and finalize their work. Next lesson, we made the cootie ( it �s a meaningful listening comprehension!) and then they went round the classroom using the cootie to ask their friends the questions: Give me a number (You know with the fingers stuck in the squares at the back ) between one and ten . so they go one, two three etc.. and they choose a colour on one of the little triangles! Are you following? and they ask the question hidden under the triangle: What is the capital of Scotland? For example! Edimburgh! yes right , correct and they go to someone else etc....until they know the Q and A by heart! And I get fed up with their joy and laughter at doing this!LOL
Laurence provides the site where they can do their search. Every step is carefully guided.
It �s excellent and a very nice way before the holidays to get them to work without their realizing it!

I forgot to say they asked if they could do another one on another English speaking country!

The final �piece of art � on the photo is the work of my partner  (who is an artist) .
he has arranged the cootie catchers made by the kids into this beautiful display andI have pinned it up in the corridor at school!

12 Nov 2009     

Tatyana83
Armenia

Thank you French Frog! For the Helloween Game!

12 Nov 2009     

1    2    Next >